I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Monday, March 08, 2010

Quick & Easy Walnut Cake

Ingredients:
250g butter
200g fine brown sugar
4 eggs
300g self-raising flour, sifted
5 tbsp milk
6 tbsp chocolate paste/ Nutella spread
60g walnut, chopped coarsely

Method:
1. Put all the ingredients for cake into a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
2. Pour 2/3 portion of the cake mixture into a greased and lined baking mould/ paper cup and spread to level.
3. Spoon the chocolate paste/ Nutella spread on cake mixture. Top with the remaining 1/3 portion of the cake mixture, (optional: swirl with skewer), then smooth the top.
4. Sprinkle walnut on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree Celcius for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until cooked and golden brown.
5. Remove, leave to cool before cutting into pieces and serve as snack.




Tips from the recepi book:
- This can be baked into a big cake or small cup cakes for easy serving.
- During baking, cover the cake with a piece of aluminium foil if it starts to brown too quickly.

I tried this recepi twice, the first time I don't remember I baked for what occasion, but the second time was for Qiaoyi's birthday. Because I couldn't find Nutella in my kitchen, so, I melted the baking chocolate. Then the second time, my mom bought a different chocolate recommended by the bakery shop, and the shop owner said the chocolate will melt by itself in the oven when baking, so, I didn't pre-melted it. But it was a wrong wrong decision... the chocolate still in pieces after the cake was done. :(

Overall, I still the cake very much... it's very easy to bake even for 1st timer... I guaranteed.

No comments: