I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Monday, March 08, 2010

Marble Cheese Tart

A. Pastry

Ingredients:
150g butter
70g icing sugar
1 egg
260g plain flour
1 tbsp milk powder

Method:
1. Mix butter and icing sugar until well-combined.
2. Add in egg and cream until smooth.
3. Add in sieved plain flour & milk powder until well-blended.
4. Keep refrigerated for 30 minutes to let it firm.
5. Remove and roll between 2 plastic sheets to 3mm in thickness, line it onto the tart mould.

B. Cheese Filling

Ingredients:
250g cream cheese
60g sugar
1 egg
50g whipping cream
1 tbsp milk
15g melted chocolate

Method:
1. Prick some holes on the pastry shell and bake at 190 degree Celcius for 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Leave to cool.
2. Mix cream cheese and sugar until light and smooth. Add in egg, cream until well-blended.
3. Add in whipping cream, mix until well-combined.
4. Take out 60g of the cheese mixture and, mix with milk and melted chocolate until well-blended.
5. Deposit the cheese fillings onto the baked pastry shells. Place some chocolate cheese fillings on it and make swirls with it.
6. Bake at 200 degree Celcius for 10 - 12 minutes.




Well, you can see my pastry was too thick... and I think I over-cooked the chocolate and that's why the chocolate tasted a bit bitter. But I had fun swirling the chocolate on the cheese fillings. Although I don't eat cheese but cream cheese for me is still acceptable.

I still remember I baked this tart after my trip to Broga Hill (9th August 2009), and I was baking for my A33 gathering dinner. Erm... Maybe I should try this again... it seems I haven't bake for months.

No comments: