I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BNI X Charity Hunt 2010

Date: 13th - 14th March 2010

I had a very meaningful weekend and had tried something which I never experience but always wanted to try, that is treasure hunt.

First of all, let me introduce my teammate, Roiree (left) and Ziyad (middle).

The hunt was organized by BNI (Business Network Internation), I'm not the member but Roiree and Ziyad are. I was one of the invited "hunter" to this event by Roiree. Roiree told me this was the 2nd time BNI Malaysia organized treasure hunt, and each year they are planning to do so. 1st time was a national event and this time, it's mainly among Klang Valley plus a team from Penang.

Altogether, there were about 35 cars, each car will have either 3 or 4 hunters. And, we were team 3.

Purposes of this treasure hunt were to raise fund to NASOM (The National Autism Society of Malaysia) and to create awareness towards Autism (internationally, 2nd of April is World Autism Awareness day).

I couldn't make it to the pre-hunt briefing, luckily I did receive handout and notes from Roiree and Rajj from Purple Antz Events (event organizer for this hunt). Although I did go through every single page of the note, but yet... I think the hunt is really really tough.


Everyone gathered at Titiwangsa (starting point) at about 6am - 7am, when the sky was still very dark... but I can see, everybody was very excited and looking forward for the hunt to start. The picture shows everyone was paying full attention to the final briefing... "treasure hunt is not a race, safety first!"


Marcus Hwang, Organizing Chairman for this BNI X Charity Hunt 2010 was presenting the mock cheque of RM20,000 raised from this event to Mr. Teh, Chairman of NASOM before journey started.
Did I mention that this treasure was from KL - Cherating?

Believe it or not, although I always "cuti-cuti Malaysia", I never been to Cherating (last year Legend Hotel gave me a one night stay voucher at their Cherating resort, and it has expired before I could squeeze out my time to go enjoy the stay), and this was one of the reason I wanted to join this hunt.
The journey started smoothly... on the road there were route challenges, sponsor challenges, JKJR challenges and physical challenges... well, 1st few challenges were alright... I mean to my level.
1st town that we need to answer 8 route challenges - Bentong
Of course that wasn't my first time to Bentong, and most of the time, I went there for AirBatuCampur @ one of the lorong, and each time, this place normally just a pass-by town for me. This time was much different, not got to read and study each of the shop's name... because of this, I see the beauty of this town.

I name this photo - "Missing you"

One of the lorong (small alley) in Bentong town





The shop worker was throwing something on the road and all the pigeons fly down.


Nice classic window...
dotted with pigeons and a pot of chrysanthemum



Roiree busy hunting...

It's very very sunny that day...
Look back at my recent photos... ya ya... it's time to get tan... my skin color was too freakingly pale.



I was trying very very hard to help, but... it was really difficult you know...
no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the answer right.


Then I bumped into this...


Jalan Loke Yew here is much different from the one near my house

Purple Antz commented most of us have very bad time management, for professional hunters, they usually will equiped their car with food, but... we were taking our own sweet time eating here and there, slowly finding the answer... hanging around... end up, not only we didn't manage to finish all challenges, and I didn't manage to take photo in each of the town.

At the end, our team still manage to submit our answer at a minute before closing, phew!
End point: Suria Cherating Beach Resort
also the Resort that we stayed on that night.


Enjoying sea breeze before the gathering dinner


It's really my pleasure meeting every single nice and friendly people in BNI and I really admire their all-time high spirit. And I learned a lot from them, positive character as well as the business they are running...
That night we had gathering dinner, charity auction, games and business sharing etc. food wise, don't expect too much... but that night was really really fun, especially the emcee, very funny and he is really good in bringing everyone together to have fun and play.

For non-muslim, that's not the end of the night... I followed them to Impiana Resort for drinks.
I didn't go to the beach for quite some times already, even if I did, it usually work-related. But this time, all night is mine. I went to the poolside to watch stars, butjust for a while, because it started to rain.
When we back to our resort and the reception greeted us "Good morning"... checked out the watch, 2am

Roiree was saying she will do beach jogging later on, my answer "please exclude me"... hehehe

Then both of us slept until 10am... na... forget about the jog... the bed is comfortable enought to rest our tired heads and we both felt refreshed!

The breakfast provided by the resort almost finished when we got to the dinning area, but some BNI members were saying they will grap lunch at Kuala Kemaman, which is around 30 minutes drive away from the resort before they go back to KL. So, we followed too la.


She was following her dad to do the charity hunt... at the beginning she was a bit moody most probably she wanted to go home, but her dad was bringing her to this malay restaurant.


Saw this along the road... famous in the restaurant that we had our lunch too... must try


I thought only Muar famous for otak-otak, after trying, I think Kuala Kemaman otak-otak is nicer than Muar one



Food that I ate in the restaurant
From top: (right) The worker bbq-ing the satar, lekor
(left) The restaurant, nasi pulut in banana leaf and coconut leaf


Then 3 cars including our car convoyed each other back to KL, but don't know what has happen, one of the cars' tyre burst while we were on the road, and again, I saw a team spirit among BNI people in fixing the tyre.

Although when we reached KL, it's already past 7pm, I felt contented, I'm happy that my weekend was well spent!!!


No comments: