I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hairy Crab Set @ Dragon-I Restaurant

At a Sunday evening which we have no idea where to go for dinner, we saw this promo on TV and to my surprise, my dad said:" we are going to have our dinner there tonight!"

There are 7 dishes in the set, "main character" of course is the Hairy Crab all the way from 苏州SuZhou, China. Oct is the best time eating hairy crab!
A set for only 1 person, min. order is 2 person for each table, each set is RM138. So, small family like us, 2 will be more than enough, because my mom can't take a lot of crab, she is allergy to it.
1st dish - 花胶竹笙炖老鸡汤 (Double boiled fish maw bamboo fungus chicken soup)
sorry, I can only do direct translation

2nd dish - 苏杭东坡肉 ("SDP" Braised Pork Belly)

3rd dish - 蟹粉扒时菜 (Stir fried vege with crab roe)

4th dish - 蟹粉小笼包 (Steam Crabmeat Dumpling)
a little disappointed with the portion, because each set only come with 1 dumpling.

5th dish - deng deng deng deng, here come the main dish - 清蒸大闸蟹 (Steam Hairy Crab)

the male hairy crab is tastier, how to differentiate? see the triangle shape in the tummy? female crabs doesn't has this shape on their tummy.

intestine in the crabs
there are steps to eat hairy crab, first of all, open the shell as shown as photo below, and need to remove all intestine and heart... they are not edible

see the roe? see the roe?
the best part is the roe. it tasted like liquid form of salted egg yolk, very thick and fresh!
meat wise, I would say, so so... don't expect the meat tasted as nice as Hokkaido snow crab or as meaty as any ordinary meat crab in the market.
6th dish - 扬州炒饭 (Yong Chou Fried Rice)

7th dish - 姜茶汤圆 (Sesame dumpling in ginger soup)
yum... love this dessert very much... love the soup and love the sesame dumplings

The bill
Luckily we only ordered 2 pax, after all the dishes, 3 of us were so full... not overly full, I would say satisfactory full.

clumsy ppl like me, cut my thumb when I was tearing the shell of hairy crab. quite a deep cut. I think probably the crab thinks that I'm not gentle enough so he decided to teach me a lesson.



No comments: