I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Habitat HQ, St. Kilda

I must recommend this hostel of where I was staying throughout my trip in Melbourne… I’m not sure if it is due to I didn’t put very high hope on it or it is so wonderful that I can’t keep it to only myself, I want to share this and recommend to whoever who are planning to go Melbourne.

I got to know this hostel from Melbourn/ Visit Victoria tourism board website. There are few reasons for loving it:

1. Was located away from the busy CBD, but yet very convenient. There’s a tram station right in front of the hostel, hop on and able to reach the CBD in about 20 minutes.

2. Friendly environment and most important, very clean, well equipped (especially the kitchen).

Those are all I can think of right not, but I’m sure if you were to stay there, you couldn’t find any reason or excuse to place any complain.

P1060256

The outlook at night

P1060260

The event board… very youngsters friendly hostel, they offered a lot of freebies like drink, wines, organized party at night and etc.

P1060261

Computer stations

Each guest get an hour free online access or you can pay the same rate as you could get in an internet cafe… it has an advantage over the other internet cafes which is, you don’t even need to walk out to the street at freezing night.

P1060262

Tourist enquiry counter, you can choose and purchase any trip through them as well

P1060263

The living hall & a pool table

P1060265

The fridges in the kitchen, for the guests to store their food

P1060266

The kitchen

P1060268

Stoves, free guest to cook their food

P1060270

Reception counter with information board & world clocks

P1060271

The open-air area for you to hang out or having a BBQ party

P1060272

For more information, please visit:

Website: http://www.habitathq.com.au/HomeThumbs up

Add.: 333 St Kilda Road, St Kilda VIC 3182, Australia
Contact no.: 00 61 3 9537 3777

p/s: forgot to mention about the safety part. Main door will be closed after 10pm every night, if you want to enter to the hostel, the receptionist will confirm if you are a guest before letting you enter to the hostel.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Wei Sum,
Happy Birthday! I loved your photos and travel diary. You are a very adventurous traveller and did so much in your very short stay in Melbourne. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Habitat HQ. We are very proud of our backpacker hostel - it was voted by backpackers as the best in Melbourne in 2010. Come back and visit us again soon, kind regards, Peter

Wei Sum said...

Thanks Peter and you guys really deserved for all the votes.