I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Eureka Tower

Am trying a new software (Windows Live Writer) to write post in my blog, did you notice any difference? yea… pictures become larger and clearer! And it’s like word, help me to check spelling too.

As I mentioned earlier, will write about Eureka Tower in a separate post. Why? Because I’ve spent a lot of time there and has many interesting pictures to share.

P1060074

It’s not difficult to find this building, because… it’s the tallest building in the city, how could you miss it?

P1060075

The entrance

Tourist could get 10% off the entry ticket if you had the tourist guide booklet that can be obtained in the airport.

P1060076

It’s Spring racing season, there were horses statues at the entrance as deco

P1060077

The giant touch pad… not very sensitive tho

P1060159

Up Up Up

P1060082

are you afraid of height? Flinders station from the 88th floor

P1060083

Federation Square

P1060089

Mirror image

The building is not square or rectangular in plan, it has edges at different angle

P1060094

National Stadium built for 2006 Commonwealth Game

P1060095

The Art Centre

P1060102

see the vertical stands? it’s not binocular or telescope, it’s just tubes helping you to identify the building on the ground. The top tube for adult and the lower tube for children.

P1060119

mirror image of myself

P1060133

When I was there, the sky started to rain, heavy rain

P1060134

Can you imagine how strong was the wind?

P1060137

P1060142(1)

Chilling in the edge… thinking thinking thinking whether I should experience the EDGE

P1060145

The EDGE

It works like a glass lift, instead of going vertical, it’s sending you out horizontally out from the building

See those ppl lying on the glass floor face down? Scary…

P1060148

I don’t get this… why the screen was showing the weather the day before?

P1060155

Sending postcard to my dear friend in US

When I was sitting on the floor, by the glass, staring out, think nothing, an African’s baby walked to me, asking me for sweets…

me: Sorry, I don’t have sweet, what’s your name?

baby: my name is ble ble ble…

me: ????

baby’s father: his name is Jayden

me: Hi Jayden, I’m Sam

then we started to chat, and gradually I can roughly got his baby slang… I forgot what were we chatting, but we kept chatting until his dad came to carry him back to their group, the dad kept apology for disturbance but he didn’t know, at least his son kept me accompany for a while when I was waiting for the rain to stop, so I can continue my journey to another destination.

I spent about 2 hours there, before I left, I was trying to convince myself to experience the Edge, but I failed. I think it’s a sign for me to re-visited the place again Smile with tongue out

No comments: