I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Cake Decoration Competition

My dear friend Lingtze participated a cake decoration competition @ Sunway Giza, 1st weekend in Oct. She is really very talented and passionate about all these cake thingy, so, to show my support (actually part of the reason is I very ge-bo and being ffk by a friend for an outing), I spent my weekend there too.

This was her first time participating a competition like this and it was also my first time seeing so many creative and meeting so many talented baking sifu there, included both of the judge from UK and US. The competition has 3 categories, wedding cake deco (adult group), teenage group and children group cake deco with a topic - Go Green. Grand prize for the 1st categories was very very attractive, it's a all in 5 days trip to London + cake deco course there.

Sorry for my ignorance, I didn't know a wedding cake can be that beautiful and creative! I joined some participants for lunch and they were all very passionate about baking, gosh, I looked like an alien there. Here are some beautiful deco that I like:

This participant is a Malay guy, and he has just recovered from a serious accident. Look at the fine free-hand royal icing laces drawing and the bird cage, really amazing and yea, he won the grand prize.


For me, if I were an ordinary customer, I would want my wedding cake to be like this


Fairy tales on 3-tier cake


I love this the most... very attractive, fun and eye-catching


cool & not an ordinary wedding cake, my favourite colour combination


very elegant design


another cake deco technique - painted skin


This is lovely...











The sifu from UK, he is so good in doing the royal icing although he is already more than 70 years old, but hand still very steady


Free demo in the event


Teenage group... the 3 winners, salute their creativity


Children group - cupcake decoration... don't under estimate any one of them...


No comments: