I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Taiwan Trip - Where's my money goes?

I must say, I'm not the bigger contributor to Taiwan's economy throughout the trip, no no, actually I didn't buy a lot of things, but things that I bought is quite pricy (pricy doesn't means really expensive here, but comparable to others, the items that I bought fall on higher price range).

For those who know me very well, I'm not a shopaholic and I usually didn't buy things spontaneously (I only shop when I have something in mind, or I just accompany friend doing window shopping) but when you are travelling with a bunch of friends which are so good in bargaining, you will be influenced, agree? So, ended up, I think I buy more things than I usually do in my trip.

Little magnet of the aboriginals
(souvenir for customers)

Hand-made glass stirers
(Initially I thought of give them away as souvenir, but my dad likes them so much, so, I let him keep it)

Porcelain flute
(I keep the owl)

ChiaTe pineapple cake
(I checked the internet, this is the No. 1 must-buy souvenir in Taiwan, I bought 2 boxes and they are very expensive, around RM2.50 per cake. We gave some as souvenir to close friends and neighbour.)

Peaches
(So fresh and yummilicious, we shared 2 out for grandparents.)

The food "collection"
Besides the peaches and pineapple cakes, I bought their biscuits, flower tea, high mountain tea, greenpea cake, roasted black bean and the "iron" egg.

From Eslite
CDs (Jolin Tsai, Jay Chau, YanJ & Lee Hom's latest albums) and 11 minutes by Paulo Coelho

The beauty "collection"
I seriously think that I over-buying those stuffs, 4 boxes of face masks, 1 box of eye mask, 1 moisturizer, 2 bb creams, 3 hand-made soaps, 1 eye-lash serum and an eyeliner. Since my dad took the glass stirers, so, I am also giving out masks to friends as souvenir.

opps, left out one item in beauty "collection", this is black head remover mask. It has 3 bottles of product inside, 1. dead skin softener liquid, 2. charcoal peel off mask and 3. pore minimiser liquid, then there's a free gift and till now, I've no idea what is it for... help, anyone read Japanese?

Cloth "collection"
Those are in cheaper price range, ranging from RM10 to RM30.

Cloth "collection"
These are in higher price range, because I bought these from a local brand boutique and the RL polo I bought it in airport duty free shop, they are doing 50% sales.

Dress
This is not cheap, but since the girls are buying (boss said if we buy 3, then she will gave a special discount to us), so, ok... deal!
The dress was designed by the boss, there are 2 long "scarf-like" ribbon attached, so, you can play around with those ribbon to make different style.

Belts


Shoes "collection"
a pair of pumps, a pair of slippers (fake Birkenstock), a pair of working short heels and a pair of original Nike sport shoes... am I being too much?

other tiny mini items that I bought
wood puzzle and postcards from the Paper Dome, hand lugguge, name card holder, sanitary pad pouches and porcelain flutes

A fashion magazine
I wanted to buy a magazine in Taiwan, because I heard their media industry is doing very good and very advance. So, I walked in to a convinient store, and this magazine was sitting next to the counter, I grapped and asked the cashier, "is this August issue?" (it bought this on 8th Aug), then the cashier replied "no"... "it's Sep issue"
See? so advance

My masterpiece 1


My masterpiece 2

Am I over-spending?

No comments: