I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cafe Cafe

If you always using Jln Loke Yew to the KL golden triangle/ to istana, I'm sure you will notice there's a corner shop with signboard introducing Cafe Cafe. But I never know what's inside and it seems to me the restaurant is closed all the time, because I never see people walking in or out, until a day my ex-colleague told me this restaurant is serving authentic French cuisine.

I didn't know many French restaurant in town and I always think that French is expensive. But since I've promised a close friend for a birthday treat, so, I think, I should give it a try.

Actually I don't quite like the location of it, limited parking space and very dark, quite dangerous for ladies also. I made a walk-in reservation earlier (during their off hour), when I asked about their special dishes, the waiter just divert me to their website, I mentioned it's a birthday treat, so, he just recommended a dessert and said they can write wishes on it. So, at the initial stage, I really don't have a good impression to this restaurant.


I told my friend that place is a little bit different to reach and quite dangerous for me to go alone, so, he is kind enough to come pick me. We were a bit late due to the routine Friday evening jam, but luckily our table had not been released out.

I had some idea what to eat because I have browsed through their website earlier. So, my friend let me to be in charged of ordering.

Baked Escargots Garlic Parsley - ½ Doz (RM26)
& Lobster Bisque soup (forgot to take picture) (RM28) as our appertisers.

For him: Braised Lamb Shank In Coriander Seeds And Orange.
Served with Potato Purée And Creamed Spinach With Parmigiano (RM48)

For me: Duck Confit With Saute Potato.
Served With Du Puy Lentils And Onion Confit (RM49)

Hot Chocolate Cake With Vanilla Ice Cream (RM28)
(the one that the waiter recommended)

Crêpe with Honey + Lemon & Ice Cream (RM18)
Actually looking at the price, and comparing the quality of food... the price is out of my expectation - I never know French can be so affordable and delicious... hehe and that night, I met the waiter who help me with my reservation, he was actually very friendly, so... ok, maybe I shouldn't judge the restaurant & their service with my 1st impression.

=============================================

175, Jalan Maharajalela
50150 Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
03-2141 8141

Operating Hours: Daily 6pm-12am

No comments: