I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Taiwan Trip - Accommodation (Pt. 2)

Continue...

In my previous post, I mentioned throughout the 7 days 6 nights Taiwan trip, I was "nomad-ing"/ staying in different places every night. 1st night where I stayed in a lady sauna place was a memorable and interesting one, but not the most comfortable yet.

2nd night - Eva's apartment (Taipei)
Due to pack itinerary on the 3rd day, so, I have to stay with the girls in the apartment where there's only a king size bed, so the driver doesn't have to go to pick us up at 2 different places. Thanks to the girls, they allowed me to sleep on the bed. However, I still couldn't sleep well, because the bed was extremely hard, then the next day only I knew there's a bamboo layer underneath the bedsheet. No wonder la...

3rd night - Eva's another apartment (Taipei)
We were departing to Jiufen and Yilan the next day and the apartment need to be vacant for another gang of friend of Eva from HK. Of course we have small luggage for our 2 day trip down to Jiufen and Yilan and the big luggage need to be shifted and kept in another apartment of Eva. But, the van that we booked wasn't big enough to fit all of us together with our luggage. So, we were separated into 2 groups. And I and another 2 friends were the lucky one, we were in the 1st gorup, so, I got a chance to stayed in that apartment and get to tried a very delicious supper near the apartment. I slept in the living room that night, where there's only wooden antique furniture in it. The next morning I got bruises on my hip bone area although I have slipped 2 big pillows under my head and my buttock. That's why people called me "Tofu" (as fagile as tofu).

4th night - Jiufen Tophome Homestay
http://www.tophome9.com/


The homestay is run by a retired couple, they are very passionate, they even prepared us frozen soya milk and bun (mantou) for breakfast, all we need to do was just heat them up in the kitchen the next morning. The homestay is a 3 storey building, we occupied both of the rooms in 3rd floor, which we got the best view of Jiufen from our balcony. Most importantly, I finally got a soft bed to rest my tired head after 2 days sleep on hard surfaces. I quite like the homestay although 1 of my friend said "somebody" pull her hand in the middle of night....

(p/s: please make sure that your driver is skillful enough to drive on super narrow road/ alley to the homestay, and because it is located up on the hill, you got to make sure that the car has a up performing brake system, or please prepare your heart to scare to death)


5th night - Yilan ZhengHua Homestay
http://zhenghuatw.pixnet.net/blog



photos taken from homestay website/ blog

This is the most luxurious stay throughout the trip!!! Luxurious is just in term of the setting, the fees is still very very affordable. This will be my No.1 in my recommendation list! You know what? Besides the comfortable 5-star bed, each room is equipped with private hot spring. Although it is not easy to locate this homestay, but believe me, it worth every single trouble that you meet.

This homestay is run by a family too, the wife is very pretty and she is a good chef too... I can never forget the simple yet delicious sweet potato porridge, vege and tea as breakfast specially prepared for the guests.

The only thing is, we took the room which can fit 8 persons, located on the roof top and the water pump is not very strong to pump the hot spring water up to our bathroom, so, we didn't manage to enjoy the priviledge. So, I would recommend even you are travel in big group, choose smaller rooms, then you will be able to enjoy the hot spring with more privacy.


6th night - Taipei (nameless motel)
I think, we have brought enough trouble to Eva and most of us were actually quite exhausted, so, we were thinking to pick a homestay in Taipei for a good rest before leaving Taiwan. Then we listened to our driver, he recommended this "hotel" to us. The hotel is located on 4th floor in a building, when we walked in, we found some "extraordinary" complimentary stuff in room - condom. Then we have colourful disco light in the bathroom too!! So, for us, this is a motel not hotel. But it's still alright for us, because it doesn't has a lot of rooms and we already occupied 3 rooms, furthermore, we were in a big group, most importantly, for me, Taipei is quite a safe city.

No comments: