I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

JOGOYA PISSED ME OFF!!

I'm so pissed off... I can't wait another second to post this up. Just now I called Jogoya to confirmed my reservation which I made on 17th March (almost 3 weeks back, today is 4th April). I have to do this because in Jan, my customer was having his annual dinner there, his staff had made the reservation but on that day, Jogoya released their room to someone else. So, this time, I thought I was "smart", I made the reservation earlier (come on, who will be that kiasu to make a reservation 3 weeks earlier? Yes, I am) and I made another effort to call them to confirm, who knows...
I called up Jogoya, a girl picked up, then I told her my purpose of calling, then before I finished my sentence, she said ok and wanted to put down the phone... I told her that I haven't finished yet. So, I continued asking if they really have secured the room for us.
[Opps, sorry, I should brief you the earlier reservation I made. I made a room reservation for 10 pax. I told the guy, I WANT a room or I will book another restaurant because we really NEED the room for our party. Then the guy said ok.]
When I confirmed with the girl if we have a room, the girl said NO, an absolute no which "wake me up". Then I asked how come? I am very sure that I've reserved a room. Then she said the remark in her document is "REQUEST" a room, not "RESERVE" a room... WTF. But ok, I stayed cool and asked her what did she mean? She said all the rooms have already been taken, unless somebody who has "RESERVED" the room didn't turn up, then only we can have the room. Then of course I told her this is not possible, because when the time I did my reservation, the guy said ok, why now she said all being taken? Then I was thinking maybe the guy made a mistake or what, I asked the girl to do me a favor, help me to think of a way, because we have 10 to 12 ppl, I'm sure if she wants to help, this isn't a big problem to her. I mean, they made a mistake, I'm not suppose to take the punishment right? Then, her following sentences really pissed me off. She said:" ya, I know you have 10, but we have 20 and even 30 people coming to the restaurant and having their function here." ok, if you were me, what do you think? Then I started raising my voice, I questioned her, is she trying to say, they will rather serve a bigger group than a smaller group of people? I continued:" You are not practicing first come first serve basis?" Then she insisted saying because my reservation is only "REQUEST" for a room, not "RESERVE" a room. OMG, again!?!?
I was a little fed up with this girl, so, I "REQUESTED" her to put me through her manager. She said manager is off already. Ok, fine. I tried hard to control my "anger" and asked her again is there any way I can get the room, then only she told me they have rooms for 10 pax and room for 15 pax. The room for 15 pax still available but she can't put me in because we have no enough people. Then I was telling her, I made reservation earlier but she or maybe her colleague was making a mistake, so, the restaurant should be responsible for that, not me, everything is planned, how am I going to last minute planning another restaurant for our party? Then, the "REQUEST" and "RESERVE" come again... I immediately shouted at her, stop telling me "REQUEST" and "RESERVE" again, I had enough and I'm confuse, is there a big different? Of course I'm not that stupid to the extend to debate about the meaning of both words, I just want my problem solved.
At last, I'm getting real irritated and I was really fed up to talk to this girl. But I have one last question to ask her, is there any privileges for VIP member, for example give priority for member to book the room. She said in a very confident manner:" No, member only get to accumulate point, they will not get any privileges in room reservation as well." I really pengsan, if I were the boss, I will either fire her or send her to a "courteous speaking" course. I told her I will call tomorrow, if she is smart enough, she should know I am actually calling to make a complain not another confirmation, and before I put down my phone, I even let her know what I am not happy with, at least she will know, what she did wrong if tomorrow she get scolded by her boss.
Morals of the story:
1. Make sure you have a super good EQ if you want to make a reservation with Jogoya.
2. Make your reservation 1 month before the actual date and do your confirmation every week.
3. If you don't have high EQ or time, don't waste time border about making your reservation there.

4 comments:

Felex Tan said...

From your post,i can sense that how angry you were in this kind of situation ,if i were you i will be like this as well .You had made a booking 3 weeks earlier,but in their record,they just indicated"REQUEST"only,this is ridiculous .My point of view about the lady's service,obviously she is not passion on what she is doing now,thats why they way she attended to you was Non-courteous ,Non-responsive,Non-professional.By the way,you had lodge a complaint?Hopefully,Jogoya can improve their service.

Wei Sum said...

oh yes, they called me the next day, told me they had a room for me, but I insisted to talk to their supervisor.
Thanks for your comment, at least I know I'm not the unreasonable one.

Felex Tan said...

So,how was the food quality?Nice?I was customer service before i know what you feel.

Wei Sum said...

Not really that nice lo... got a lot of variety, but maybe really get pissed off, so, don't think the food worth the money we pay.