I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Strawberry Picking

Lately been really busy and bad things kept coming (although my colleague told me we should look at them in a positive way, with positive thinking and energy within ourselves, then only good thing will happen to us, but I, the devil Sam, still has super low EQ). And that's the reason why I have nearly forgotten to post up my Cameron Highland trip (21st - 22nd March) photos.
This post, I'm going to share my strawberry picking experience.
My friend who worked in Singapore was planning to bring his colleagues to Cameron Highland, so, he invited me to go with them. When he introduced his colleagues to me, wah, a real international gang, we have an Indonesian girl, Mega, an Indian guy, Subbu, a Singaporean girl, Ivy, a Singaporean guy, Chris, 2 Malaysian girls, Li Kai's gf and me, and 2 Malaysian guys, Soo and Li Kai... amazing right?

Li Kai and I were the drivers, we drove up using the new Tapah way. I was actually quite excited, cause that is my first time driving up.
Actually on the way up, the 1st stop was a strawberry farm. We all got super excited because we have never been seeing such a big strawberry farm before and usually we can only buy strawberry from supermarket or fruit stalls, this time, we can pick the strawberry from plant and eat it on spot!
For me, I didn't really pick a lot, because I don't know how to differentiate the raw and ripe fruit, so, I took photos instead.


Strawberry flower
(white, pure and innocent)


Flower petals fall off and pistil growing to the fruit


The raw and the ripe fruits


The raw strawberry is white and slightly greenish in color and ripe fruit is hot red in color


OMG, see, these 3 beautiful "ladies" look so sweet and gorgeous

In the strawberry farm, the plants are either planted in pot or long tube (just like the photo below)



Some poor berries for whatever reason can't be able to stay and ripen on the plant, just like this poor berry, fell on the soil, and those tiny coconut tree-like creature are a type of fern.


This strawberry is still attached to the plant but maybe she is like me, too fat, heavy and lazy, so she is just resting on the soil
I have no idea what they use to plant the strawberry, but it seems like some recycle organic stuff

hehe, a basket-full of strawberry we picked that day!
Secretly tell you, they look nice and sweet, but most of them quite sour

Coming up next are photos of Tea Plantation that we visited during the trip...


3 comments:

M.Nassif said...

ever thought in a printed monthly or even yearly magazine for these amazing photos?

Wei Sum said...

haha, I take it as a compliment... thanks

M.Nassif said...

you really shouldn't
:)