I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Ya, I know, I'm a bad girl, I only cook for my parents on mother and father's days. Just like last year, I cooked fried chicken with curry leave, kam heong la la (cram), fish fillet with ginger and spring onion and preserved green mustard and bean curd soup, 4 Chinese dishes for them, this year, because I need to work on that Sunday, I was thinking to made something fast and easy. Yes, western food...

For mother's day, I made them chicken chop and for father's day, I am planning to made them fish and chip... hehe

Initially was thinking to use some raw materials to made my own marinade and sauce, but there's limited recipe for me to refer... oh, I must thank Lingzie, she found me a website www.kuali.com, and there are plenty of good recipes, but before that, I've already bought some packet marinade powder and black pepper sauce mixture from supermarket, so for this time being, I used the packet powder and probably next time I will try out the recipes in the website. [See I used "probably", means that maybe this lazy Sam not going to make it, hehe.

Ok, wonderful mother's day morning, as usual, breakfast with them, then go to work (at hell far Kajang), worked until 2 something, lunch with parents again... then dad brought mom out to shop and I stayed home prepared for the dinner.

1st step: Marinate the de-boned chicken drumstick


It's only 4pm, so I online for a short while first...

I asked my parents to come back at 6.30pm, the marinated chicken needs an hour to roast in oven, so, I started my cooking at 5.30pm
(step 2).
After putting the chicken into the oven, I started preparing the side dishes - boiled vegetable (step 3) & french fries (step 4)


I boiled the broccoli and baby carrot... nice color combination right?
[background] I also bought a bouquet of red and purple carnations for my mom


The best supporting actor and actress award go to [drum]
The French fries, broccoli & baby carrot!


Deng deng deng deng... The best actor award goes to [drum]
chicken chop!
It's really tasty... the meat was tender, juicy and taste good! Credit should goes to the packet marinade powder.


Step 5: Cooked the black pepper sauce
Actually as I mentioned earlier, this time I'm using the mixture in powder form, I just add it in in hot water and boiled it for a short while...
Here come the best actress -
black pepper sauce!

If I were my mom, I will feel a little bit of being cheated... don't you think so? hehe
But, of course my parents still think that the chicken chop was nice... just because this was prepared by their beloved daughter - lazy Sam

Mom, Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: