I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Almond & Chocolate Butter Cupcake

Yeah! I made cupcake again... of course it was a successful one... hehe
I think I'm a bit use to work during weekend (although I hate working during weekend). Last Saturday, I was suppose to work too, but my doctor has postponed the program to this Saturday, and suddenly I felt so free; morning ate breakfast with parents, went to the morning market to buy some ingredients to cook for my parents the next day, because I promised I will cook them dinner for mother's day, then washed my car, lunch, online checked mail, played games... after all that I've done, it's only 3 something. What else can I do? Bake cupcake lo! Then I asked my mom to take out whatever ingredients she has, tried to figure out what can I do from those ingredients.
Finally, this is what we decided to make...

Almond & Chocolate Butter Cupcake
Ingredients A:
200g butter
25g caster sugar
5 egg yolks

Ingredients B:
5 egg whites
100g caster sugar
2g cream of tartar

Ingredients C:
130g low protein flour
1g double action baking powder

Ingredients D:
50g chocolate chips
80g almond chips

Method:
1. Beat A (butter and caster sugar only) until light and fluffy then only add egg yolks and mix well.
2. Beat B in another clean mixing bowl until white and stiff. Add in (1) mixture and mix well.
3. Fold in sifted flour and mix well.
4. Lastly add in D and stir well.
5. Pour mixture into paper cup and bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until cooked.

This portion can make about 15 cups of cupcakes.

Easy right? Try make it yourself...




Can you see the almond & the chocolate chip?



p/s: I regretted putting too much almond chip (I put 150g almond chip) because when we bite, we can feel the almond is all around our mouth, need to keep chewing... hehe

No comments: