I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Public Transports Riding Day...

OMG, I don't really know when was the last time I took LRT (Light Rail Transit) and bus in town before today.The story went like this. This afternoon when I was working around Ampang, I received a call from a friend, she was asking me to join her for lunch at SOGO. Yup, sounds very far, but I wanted to go because never seen her for long time. So, I have decided to take a cab to Ampang Star LRT station and take LRT to SOGO. It is absolutely very convenient (I'm not trying to be sarcastic).

Actually I was quite uncomfortable taking public transports, I always felt that, your life is under some stranger's control, and normally public transport has their route, seems like you can't reach your destination with other optional way, or short cut, you have no control in your time, your choice... But today, don't know why, I want to do this. (maybe to avoid traffic on Friday - sembayang day for Muslim).

When I got in the cab, I have no idea since when the basic charges is RM2.00? I thought is RM1.50? RM1.50 was how many years ago history? In about 5 minutes, I reached the LRT station and pay RM2.60 for the cab. Then, walked across pedestrian bridge, reached the LRT ticket counter, took out RM2.40 (I thought it was more than enough) and told the girl that I wanted to go SOGO. Then she said is RM2.80. I confirmed with her with the station name, she said yes, RM2.80. Oh, nevermind, I'm using money to buy convenient, still think the ticket worth that.LRT took about 15-20 minutes to reached SOGO, when I got down, I saw there was new pedestrian bridge directly linked to the shopping mall, oh, another surprise, the RM2.80 really worthy.

After lunch, of course I need to take the same train back. But paying another RM2.80 was a little bit painful, I felt. Because if you do a simple add up, I've spent RM8.20. When I reached Ampang, I decided to take bus, because it is easier to take bus from this direction. I still remember last time I used to take Intrakota, Metro Bus, Mini Bus... ok, we can still find Metro buses, but I wanted to try the new bus, Rapid KL. The bus that I took is from Ampang to KLCC, this bus will pass by Ampang Point, where my car parked. But, when I went up the bus, I need to pay to the driver, if I'm not mistaken, Intrakota ticket used to be RM0.90, so, I prepared only RM1.00. But the driver said the ticket is RM2.00, wow... what a big jump! And my destination was 2 or 3 stations down. But I have a question here, the RM2.00 is a day ride or one time ride? If it is a one day ride, I should took bus to Ampang LRT station just now, at least the ticket more worthy ma... dionk!
So, today I spent RM10.20 on public transport in just one afternoon.

1 comment:

M.Nassif said...

hahaha
sorry for ur loss lol