I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

My Own-made Sushi

This is not my first attempt to make sushi. The first 3 attempts were totally a disaster. So, I didn't take any photo, but this is different, I have my enough own sweet time to make it, the rice turned out was just nice, everything went smooth. That day, my parents has a meeting with other community members, so I need to settle my own dinner. And I wasn't in mood to go out to eat or asking any friends out, so, I have decided to make sushi for dinner.


Mixed vinegar, sugar and salt with Japanese rice
(have to let the rice cool down before mixing)


Filled the rice in the sushi mold and pressed to make it firm.


Take out the sushi, it will be looked like this.


Inserted the sushi into Inari skin.


My first dinner dish - Inari


Spread the rice on a piece of seaweed


Put the crab sticks and Thai chili sauce on a side


Roll it up with the bamboo mat


Cut it into pieces, here's my 2nd dinner dish!


Tar da, my dinner!
(Don't be frighten, I am not a big eater, of course I can't finish all of them, so, I kept it in fridge and next morning, they served as my breakfast)


No comments: