I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Lunch at Sudu, KL Hilton

Have you heard of semi-buffet? It means, we can order a main course, then the starters and desserts are in buffet style, you can eat everything over the buffet counters.
On 3rd November, we were actually having a function in KL Hilton. And, working committees need to be there early for the set up, so, company actually buy us lunch there, in this restaurant, named SUDU.
This is my first time eating semi-buffet. There are 3 categories of main courses for us to choose, RM109, RM99 and RM89. Hey, if you were me, which will you go for? Hahaha, greedy cat.
Of course, most people go for the RM109 one, but, I'm sick, I can't eat spicy food, and I don't eat beef, so, end up, I'm taking the RM89 smoked duck breast meat!
After we ordered the main course, we proceeded for our starters. Holly cow! There are varieties of starters for us to eat! All kind of caviars, sashimi, oysters, prawns, scallops, cheeses, salads with variety of sauces, hot or cold starters, just to name a few... We kept on eating and eating, and wondering what take the chef so long to prepare our main courses.
I'm not a big eater, after eating a few starters, I felt full, so, I stopped. After a while, a waiter walked to me, asked me if he can serve my main course. Oh no, he was actually waiting for us to finish our starters then only they can serve our main course. He should come to stop us (the hungry ghosts) earlier.
I'm sorry, I should have taken a few photos of the starters, but... too hungry, forgot to take... next time ya, if I get another chance to go there again.

Here are the main courses.


Grain-fed Australian beef rib eye
Cooked to your liking with spring onion & potato croquettes, chunky ratatouille



Lamb loin


Another lamb dish


Lobster linguine
Can you see the lobster and scallops?!?!


Beef rendang with rice, salted egg and "papadam" (Indian cracker)


Asparagus & smoked duck breast
Chilled asparagus spears tossed in French dressing, black truffle, soft poached egg & thinly sliced smoked duck breast

Basically, after finished my main course, I was 110% full already

Don't forget, it's dessert time now!!!!


Strawberry Fruit Tart! oh, so tempting.


Hey, should I eat this warm chocolate cake? OMG! I'm on diet!


I don't care, eat first, talk later...
Chocolate cup, here I come


Chocolate cake & mango pudding


Tiramisu


Chocolate Moist Cake


A type of pastry, I forgot the name


Lastly, coffee or tea? I ended my lunch with latte
(but that's cappuccino in the photo, because I think the cappuccino looked nicer than my latte)

p/s: I felt so guilty after eating so much, don't forget, I'm on diet. This lunch actually has exceeded my 2 days quota, I think. But that's not end of the story... stay tune for my another post.


5 comments:

M.Nassif said...

no one should ever visit ur blog while he is hungrey :'(
:P

Phil said...

going to sudu rest this coming christmas eve. hope its going to be great

Wei Sum said...

hey Philip, hope you enjoy the silent night dinner there...

Phil said...

well. i did. the selection was wide. I like the cheese and chocolate range. But a lot of items were missing from the menu they emailed me. Kind of felt cheated.

Wei Sum said...

So, what did you guys have for main course? Did you post it in your blog?