I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Friday, May 06, 2011

Ah Yat Abalone

This was an early Mother’s Day celebration luncheon with my parents! Last year we were in Nobel House and this time @ Ah Yat, Avenue K branch. I saw the package in the newspaper and it is very similar to what Nobel House offers – serving dish by dish individually, it is more pricy because the dishes are more premium, I guess (click hyperlink to compare).

P1070895P1070896P1070897P1070899P1070903P1070906P1070907P1070909P1070911

RM88.80++ per pax, dishes include:

Starter – Salt & Pepper Crab Leg (lovely, I wish I had more)

Soup – Fish fin soup serve with beansprout

3rd & 4th dish – Baby abalone & Kailan (their signature dish, you can’t complain and of course all ingredients were cook flawlessly, much better than those abalone in can)

5th dish – Baked fish fillet with onion sauce (I like this dish the most!)

6th dish – Fried rice with egg (erm… has no idea why chef put this in the package, too ordinary compare to the above dishes)

Desserts – Almond tea & mango jelly (I usually don’t take almond tea, but I must say, this is nice, but I’ve no idea why chef choose this dessert over the others as I don’t think a lot of Malaysian like almond tea. The jelly is not as good too, I rather wish they serve me fresh fruit rather than colouring jelly)

I personally thinks that dishes from Nobel House were tastier and more unique and creative, simple ingredients but creative presentation.

================================================================================================================

Address: M 6,7,8, Mezzanine Floor, Avenue K, No. 156 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 2166 3131

Website: http://www.ahyatyky.com/

Operating Hours:
Mon – Sun: 11.30am - 2.30pm-Lunch. 6.00pm – 10.30pm-Dinner.

No comments: