I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Monday, May 16, 2011

A Mother’s Day Dinner & A “Tattoo”

Since last cooking experience, I strongly believe I need more practice in the kitchen. Besides the lunch treat to my parents, I have decided to cook for them dinner on mother’s day. Flipped through recipe, these were what I chose:

P1070940P1070950

Ponfret Fish Soup with Yam

1. Slice pomfret fish, 2. cook the soup base using fish bone and anchovy, 3. fry yam and last but not least 4. put yam, fish fillet and adequate seasoning in soup to cook. 

sP1070944

Stewed Pork with Onion

1. Marinate pork (whole piece) with sesame oil, pepper and soy sauce for 30 minutes, 2. Fry pork until golden brown, dished up 3. leave a tbsp of oil in wok and fried diced onion until fragrant (10 pieces of small onion and 1 big onion), add 1 tbsp of oyster sauce, 3 tbsp of soy sauce and 1 tbsp of rock sugar, dished up, 4. add pork with sauce and steamed for another 1 hour, 5. cut pork into smaller pieces and boiled sauce until thickened. Finally, pour the sauce over pork slices and served!

Butter Prawn

1. Mix corn flour with water, 2. add in prawn and spoon the mixture to fry, dished up, 3. heat up butter, fry curry leaves and chilli padi until frangrant, 4. add evaporated milk and seasoning, cook until thickened, and finally 5. add in fried prawn dough and mixed well.

P1070947P1070956

Comments from happy parents: Stewed pork with onion tasted good (actually I think the dish turned out better than I expected), the soup was nice too, but butter prawn has failed, the flour was too thick and not crispy at all.

Actually I should skip the flour, just cook the sauce with prawn will be good enough. As usually, many mistakes were made in the kitchen, most silly is, I used bare fingers to clean and remove seed from chilli padi, ended up my 10 fingers were “burning” internally the whole night. Then the clumsy me burnt my arm too when I was trying to clean the hot wok, rewarded myself a “tattoo” for my hard work Sad smile, hope it won’t leave a scar later on.

No comments: