I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Flying Chillies

I love Thai food although I can't eat spicy stuff... most of the time when I eat spicy food, my nose will starts running, tongue burning, eyes tearing... but I like that feeling (like to torture my taste buds) hehe.
I think some of the self-claimed authentic Thai restaurants are not really serving something authentic. The food is not as spicy as I expected, most probably they are trying to fit to our local spicy threshold...
Flying Chillies in The Garden is also similar to other Thai restaurants in KL, but I like the Thai Iced Tea that they served, although it was a little bit too sweet to me, but at least that's something close to authentic.
From the interior design (modern design and everything in white), you might not know it's a Thai restaurant until you walked in and the waitress greet you with "Sawatika".


They signature drinks - Thai Iced Tea & Lemongrass Juice
See the beautiful layers of the Thai Iced Tea?
Top - Tea
Middle - Milk
Bottom - Brown sugar


Bangkok Flat Noodle Soup
Taste good, not too spicy, it whetted my appetite, can't stop eating until the last strand of noodle. The noodle is different from the Chinese flat noodle, it is thinner, and more chewy.


When I looked at the menu, I couldn't decide which one I want, because I wanted to try their pineapple fried rice as well.
At last, I chose noodle and Lingzie chose pineapple fried rice, so that both of use can taste each other food.
Not extremely delicious, but we both like the taste.
(If they failed to serve nice pineapple rice, they shouldn't call themselves a Thai restaurant then)


Thai Fish Cake
The delicious part is the sauce... fish sauce played an important role...

We also ordered a spicy tomyam soup with prawn, and red ruby water chestnut as dessert... but sorry la, forgot to take pictures. hehe Taste wise, like other dishes, 3 words - not bad, normal, no surprise... (3 or 5 words?)

Khob Khun Kha...Khob Khun Khab (Thank you)

2 comments:

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

sui po la... eat nice food again! hahaha... khob khun kha.. tats funny to pronounce!

Wei Sum said...

hheehe, don't worry la, when you come back, whatever you want to it, let me know, will sure bring you there.