I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Bukit Melawati Climbing Trip

It's so unbelievable I go climbing again... Last year when I climbed mount KK, I swore, I will never do climbing again... but... during Wesak day holiday, my friends asked me to climb Bukit Melawati with them and their colleagues, initially I was a bit reluctant, but they said since I've "conquered" Mount KK, Bukit Melawati is nothing, because the climbing distance is about 1/6 of Mount KK, taking consideration of I took about 6 hours to reach Tanah Rata from starting point and 4 hours from Tanah Rata to Low's peak and about 8 hours down from Low's peak to starting point. And, I actually climbed this Bukit Melawati once during my college time, so they said this time will be easier for me (opps, I didn't take my age as a consideration). Ok, after long persuasion and negotiation, I joined them.

Weather of the day was fabulous, not too sunny nor raining. I only ate a piece of bread for my breakfast because they said we still can catch up our breakfast/brunch after climbing... We started our journey around 8am and we predicted that we will complete around 11am.

Compare to Mount KK, I still think that this Bukit Melawati is tougher and more dangerous, some part of the journey is like rock climbing, and you really need to walk/climb carefully or if you fall, THAT'S IT! And must accompany by some who really know the climbing path, or will lost in it.

Overall, I still think that climbing is not my activity, I'm not an indoor person but extreme sport...? NO NO NO NO NO... I swear again, no more mount climbing in my life again! I mean it this time!


A lake at the back of the bukit


See?! Need to be "spiderman" climbing down and up the rock


The city view from the top


Timin was figuring-out how to climb down, which leg first and which leg to which rock


Beautiful mold on rocks


Some pine like trees on top of the bukit


Spider-climbing up again... sign~

It's all rock!


Heading back to where we parked our cars


My "reward" of the day - big bruise on my calf

1 comment:

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

I really cant see myself to do any climbing! You very sei lei! hehe