I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

YUAN’s Soap

Have you heard about Yuan’s Soap 阿原肥皂? If no, check out their webpage and you will know the history (if you know Chinese)… but in short, due to skin allergy, Yuan (the originator/ owner) started making natural, chemical free soap. At first, it was just for himself, but due to overwhelm response, demand, he has decided to set up Yuan’s soap workshop in year 2005. Now, he plants his own ingredients - herbs @ Yang Ming Shan National Park, and he insists every soaps that he produce are handmade. That’s the value of the soap.

I bought a few when I was travelled to Taiwan, I bought “Miss Mud” 泥小姐 (made of dead sea mud & other herbs) and “Oat” 燕麦 (good for baby). Some are souvenir to my friend’s baby and specially for my dad, because his varicose vein on his legs and has wound when he scratch his legs after shower. So I thought this soap might help.

The saleslady told me one piece can last very long, so, I didn’t bought a lot, now I regret, I should have do that, because in less than 2 months, one soap is gone. I can’t say the soap isn’t working as what it claimed, but I understand natural products takes time to improve the condition. Well, wait till my next trip to Taiwan, will surely bought a dozen.

P1070215

This is Miss Mud - NT300/bar

P1070217

The soap is beautiful and smell good!

No comments: