I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Live Positively!

I was talking with my friends, I told them I only wish to live for another 10 years after my retirement (if I really need to work until 55 years old). Then they were surprised and concluded I’m a pessimist. Really? But I thought usually I projected a very positive image to others? Or maybe I’m very selfish person, I don’t want to see people dying, especially those who are very close to me.

But of course, those who commented I’m a pessimist are close friends, so, I think maybe they are right to a certain extend too.

Then there’s a day I went to my friend – Jeff’s office and saw something interesting – a jug with a lot of colourful and attractive pieces, jug label written Live Positively!

P1070367

Contents: 100 pieces of positive messages and quotations to inspire and encourage positive living.

Suggested serving: Ready to serve anytime of day. Best served one at a time. You’ll find yourself more positively energized.

P1070374

I was eager to get one for a very close friend of mine and myself. Jeff’s one was a gift and the sender bought it from Popular Bookstore, later I also find it in MPH (Mid Valley). There are some other title for “Messages in a Jar” too, Live Happily, Romantic notes and … (opps… I forgot). So, I bought myself the “Live Positively” and bought my friend the “Live Happily” (I really wish you to live a happier life).

P1070371

Now, I will draw a message from the jar each day before I go to work, want to know what I’ve got? I’ll share some that I like from time to time.

Feb 15 – The quickest way to receive love is to give love. The fastest way to lose love is to hold it tightly. The best way to keep love is to give it wings.

Feb 25 – I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do. – Edward Everett Hale -

Feb 28 – There are many things in life that will catch your eye, only few will catch your heart… pursue those.

Mar 2 – Be like a postage stamp – stick to one thing until you get there.

Mar 4 – Don’t run through life so fast that you’ve forget not only where you've been but also where you are going. Life is a journey to be savoured each step of the way.

No comments: