I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Attracted to Books after Library?

I never thought that I'm a book person since young, I only read when there's an exam, I can read (because usually my score was okay in exam), just that reading is never my option to kill time or take reading as my hobby.

Lately, I'm facing a dilemma, and I think "Somebody" has sent me a signal. I seldom go through newspaper page by page, the most, I read about some entertainment news (with photos then only I read) or advertisement (picture again) or horoscope reading of the day. But in an off day weekend (I need to work during alternate Saturday), I bought 2 copies of newspaper, and I went through (force myself to) page by page and I was lead to a good book recommendation column, there were 3 books in that column - Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and Q and A by Vikas Swarup (aka Slumdog Millionaire's author).

My good friend once mention and recommend me Kite Runner (the movie), but I don't think the movie was showing in any cinema in KL, so, I got an impression, the book must be a good one, then, I personally very attracted to The Alchemist. So, without a second thought, I grabbed my car key, run to the nearest bookstore and bought these 2 books at a shot (Q&A, I haven't has an interest in that book yet).


I'm an impatient person, if I choose the English version, I knew, I gotta check dictionary from time to time, so, Chinese will be good for me at this moment, while I got to cultivate some reading interest in me first.


The Alchemist



Kite Runner




I even bought a cute bookmark to encourage myself to continue reading





and stickers too...

When I bought back these 2 books, guess which one I read first?
- The Alchemist

When I'm writing this, I've already finished The Alchemist (I finish this book in a week, for me this is quite fast, and I'm very proud of myself for this), now half way reading Kite Runner. As expected, it's an interesting book, sparked me in some where, I couldn't express how a book can change my thought, but it just did! Kite Runner is quite touching as well, I haven't finish the book, but I can tell, it is also a good book.
I have been actively recommended this book to some of my friends too! So, Mr. Soo, please read and return my book in it's original condition, my order!!!

p/s: is it because I have been to the Library (the gastropub) the weekend before that made me wonder in the world of book? hehe...

No comments: