I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Basil Leaf

My 1st post in 2008. Actually should post this last year, but December is a happening month, there were too many things to post, so, has dragged this post to this year. Happy New Year to all! May this year of ratatouiee bring you lots of luck and love, health and wealth.

On Christmas night, I was having dinner with some of my high school close friends at Basil Leaf - one of the fine dining restaurant in Jalan Damai. I felt kind of... strange, because last time when we were studying together, we used to hang out in fast food restaurants, or the most Nando, that was considered very luxurious, but now, we were going for this fine dinning... Well, I think we have really already grown up, we earn our living and spend the money that we earn. I wish that our friendship will never change, friends forever...

Actually the food in Basil Leaf isn't too expensive, we ordered 2 appetizers, 6 main courses, 2 desserts, a bottle of wine, 5 plates of rice and 2 bottle of mineral water (guess what? a bottle of mineral water is RM6 whereas a plate of rice is only RM5), and we spent only RM338. Ok ma, right? And in overall, we think that the food is nice, we like it!


The menu
Basil Leaf - Thai & Indochinese Indulgence


Golden Calamari Rings (RM17)
My favourite
(opps, it's time for me to check my cholesterol level)


Mango Salad (RM14)
Saliva flowing down to my throat...


Asparagus with Garlic (RM17)
Omnivores like us ordered all meat dishes, so, the waiter suggested us a dish of vege. So, I picked this.


Smoked Fish Pineapple Curry (RM26)
Thick curry, can't really taste what type of fish they use, and I think it is not spicy enough


Pha-neng Roasted Duck (RM14)
(Something like rendang roasted duck with lychee, yum...)


Pandan Chicken (RM27)
Aromatic juicy chicken wrapped with pandan leaves


Banana Flower & Chicken Tom Kha (RM13)
Chef recommended dish, but the soup is too creamy for us


Mixed Seafood Tom Yam (RM14)
Oh, another favorite of mine!


Water Chestnut & Jack Fruit Dessert (RM10)
I love this Thai dessert


Pan Fried Banana with Honey and Ice-cream
It's an Asian style of banana boat



F.R.I.E.N.D.S
(from left, standing: Choo, me & Weng Hing; sitting: Stephanie & Soo)

Basil Leaf Restaurant
35, Jalan Damai,
Off Jalan Tun Razak,
55000 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: +603-21661689
Fax: +603-21432689


No comments: