I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Friday, December 28, 2007

5th & 6th Day in Siem Reap

5th day in Siem Reap was our free and easy day too. Since we walked so much, as a reward to ourselves, each of us bought a body massage to ourselves.
Since we are in Cambodia, so, we choose the Khmer style body massage. There are 2 type, one using massage oil and another one using powder. I don't like oily stuff, so I chose the powder one. Stephanie and Kim Yen signed for the 1 1/2 hour body massage, but I only signed for the 1 hour one, because I actually don't really know how to enjoy or appreciate body massage. What I can say is, Khmer body massage is not as great as Balinese one, and not as hard as the Thai one as well. My experience is, the massage girl massaged gently on me, which I think she was just touching me. But, it's an experience lo.
On the 6th day, actually that's just our traveling day, we need to get up early and catch our flight back to KL. So, the 5th day was actually our last day in town. We walked around in town, but basically we didn't shop much that day, cause you know, normally last day = not much money left, so, we were looking for a cafe to sit down and chill.
Before I came, my friend strongly recommend me to go to this cafe, Blue Pumpkin Cafe. Yes, she is right, this place is a very good chill out place. We ordered a Linga Chocolate Cake, Lorve Black and White Chocolate dessert for sharing, and I ordered a cup of latte for myself. The cafe is not very big, but it has 3 floors. When you go up to the 3rd floor, you see a long bed there, you can lie there and eat your food, as if you are eating breakfast on bed. And we were the only Asians in the cafe in that afternoon.
My friend was also mentioning about the Beatocello concert. So, when we asked our tour guide about that, he volunteered to bring us there. The concert was held in a very nice and modern hall, concert was performed by Dr. Beat, if he is in Siem Reap, he will performed live in the hall, if not, there will be a video show about him playing cello and his interview.
Dr. Beat is very kind doctor, he is a swiss. He has built 2 or 3 hospital in Cambodia, one of them is in Siem Reap. Because the people there are so poor to see a doctor, his hospitals actually provide free consultation and free medication for children and pregnant lady. The concert is shown daily, started at 7. 15pm and free entry. And after the concert, amount of donation is all up to you.
Check out this website for further information:
http://www.beatocello.com/

Overall, I quite like Siem Reap, out of 5 stars, I will give 4. As what I've promised in my previous blog, here's my expenses list:
Air ticket: RM551
Accomodation: RM273
(USD 30 per night per room, I shared room with Stephanie and we stayed 5 nights there)
Tour guide fees: USD65 = RM228
(total is USD195 for 3 days)
Food & beverage: USD67 = RM235 (for 6 days)
Souvenir: USD67 = RM235
(the things there are very cheap, I bought a lot until i need another hand carry bag)
Angkor entrance pass: USD40 = RM140 (for 3 days)
Donation: USD25 = RM88
Airport Tax: USD25 = RM88
Misc: USD16 = RM56
Transportation: RM65
Total expenses: RM1959

So, do this think this is quite budget? For me, yes, it was a very enjoyable, comfortable, affordable and wonderful trip!


The painting that I bought in Angkor Wat


This will be a shopping centre in Siem Reap


This is their snack, I think


Biscuit roll


Salted fish...
oh, got so many flies


Spices


Beautiful flower


Last lunch in town


My friend highly recommended this cafe to me
And now, I highly recommended this cafe to you!
When I stepped in the cafe, I don't feel like I'm in Cambodia, I thought I was in some European countries. A very good chill out place if you got nothing to do in town.


Looking out from the window


My sunnies resting in Blue Pumpkin


The Centre Market
One stop for souvenirs


Beatocello concert hall


A local restaurant recommended by our tour guide
A good try, but I don't really like the food there, too local for me.


Siem Reap International Airport


Pork noodles
Our breakfast in the airport


Cambodian notes - Riel
2000riel = 0.5USD


Marble guardian lion as souvenir for friends

No comments: