I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Friday, December 28, 2007

4th Day in Siem Reap

On our 4th day, I think I ate something wrong the night before, I had diarrhea in the midnight and in that morning, my stomach still felt a little upset. Luckily toward the afternoon, I felt energetic again. That day, our itinerary was, going to Banteay Srei, Kbal Spean and Pre Rup.
All of these 3 places are quite far from town, unlike the places that we went the previous places, but they are still belong to Angkor.
Banteay Srei has very fine craving on the wall and it is red in color.
What we were looking for was the Kbal Spean waterfall. The tour guide told us it is a beautiful waterfall, we can play with the cool water there, so, we need to bring a set of cloth with us to change. Getting to the waterfall was not easy too, we need to spend about 45 minutes to climb up to the mountain before we can reach the waterfall.
Kbal Spean is famous for rock craving along the river, and you can see a lot of linga (refer to picture below to see how it looks like and the meaning of linga) craving there. When we finally got to the waterfall, frankly speaking, I'm a little bit disappointed. The waterfall is not as big as I imagined, and there were a lot of people there, so, we can't really enjoy cool water. End up, we decided not to get wet, after snapping a few pictures, we went for our lunch. Felt so hungry after climbing up and down.
Before we end our Angkor tour, we went to our last wat, Pre Rup. It is relatively small, but you can enjoy great view from the top.
On the way back to the hotel, we passed by a local evening market. The market was not very big, but they sells interesting food there, e.g. snail, fried grasshopper, fried beetles, bbq stuffed frog... Due to I had diarrhea the night before, so I don't dare to try the rest, I only tried the snail and the bbq stuffed frog and ice-cream, taste wierd, but not that hard to accept the taste.
Initially, the tour guide was asking us if we would like to go for their local party, but, after waking up early for last few days and we did quite a lot of "exercise" during the days, we felt a little bit tired. So we turned down his offer. That night, we only did some last minutes shopping in town and went to bed.


Cambodia is not a Muslim country, some of them keep pig as pet too, I think, because sometimes I do see pig running around their houses.


Banteay Srei
Famous for its doors...
door after door, after door, after door...


Will she be a famous artist in the future?
This girl presented a pink lotus to me, and she is special, she didn't ask for money.


This is the lotus that the girl gave me


Linga at Kbal Spean
The linga is a common phallic symbol which is used as an idol for worshipping Shiva. The image is not meant to be sexual or erotic but is instead meant to symbolizing basic transformative forces and the unity of female and male forms.


Rock craving at Kbal Spean


The moths there like me.



Kid playing at the waterfall


Oh, this baby girl is so cute



Lunch on our 4th day


Dragon fruit pau


A frog hiding in a bamboo stick


I like this photo, look so natural


Pre Rup


Local evening market
This stall selling exotic food
Dare to try?


This stall selling bbq chicken and frog
Some funny local food

No comments: