I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Famine 30

Wanted to write this for long time, but again, you know it's hard to fight with my lazy worm la...

Since today I don't have much thing to do, sitting in front of the pc by doing nothing looks weird right? So, and finally, I'm forcing myself to write la... (what a good introduction!?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Date: 15-16th September

Venue: Bukit Jalil Indoor Stadium

No. of participant: 5400 pax
(yes, it's not typo error and your eye sight is alright)

Another record breaking for me, can you imagine, I starved myself for more than 30 hours.
Person like me, who love food and eating say she want to join this famine 30 camp, I can tell you, none of my friend believe me and support me for doing that.

Where should I start?

Saturday, 15th September 2007
8.30am - Breakfast with parents, I ate a bowl of mee... (I should have taken something heavier)

11.00am - Ready to go to Bukit Jalil

11.30am - Met Joanne & Danielle, (my camp mates). And I thought we can eat something there before we officially being "locked-up". But, NOBODY SELLING FOOD THERE!!! HOW COME?!?!

11.45am - Registered myself

12.00noon - Change to the famine 30 t-shirt... can you imagine how long was the queue? 5400 participants, 70% were girls and according to "survey", girl's toilet time is 3 times longer than guy. Not to mention, this hour onward we can't take anything d.

(Played some games, listening to some talks, break - "break" does not mean you can eat)

8.00pm - Concert time!

10.30pm - ZzZzZzZz (We slept on chair, the fold-able one, so, quite difficult to sleep la, I couldn't sleep well until 3 or 4am)

Sunday, 16th September 2007
7.00am - Woke up. Because everybody woke up and started packing, I felt pai seh to continue sleeping la.

(Don't ask me what I did, I have no idea... I was too hypo... what's in my mind was just "LEAVE ME ALONE", but I was quite touch by performance by disables and the sing-along session.)

4.30pm - Called home, asked my parents to go to the restaurant at 6pm sharp and order the food, so at 6.30pm, I can reach there and "ENJOY" my food RIGHT-A-WAY!

(Last 5 hours were the tougher period... I think I slept all the way to 6.00pm)

6.00pm - Oh! FINALLY! Finally we got our break fast meal, a bottle of chocolate soy milk, a piece of banana cake and a protein shake. Frankly speaking, I don't really feel hungry at that moment, I just want to go back, take a nice shower and dinner and sleep. That's what I want to do. I finished the soy milk and cake and went to get my car. I'm so ready to go home!

6.30pm - Got to the restaurant, my parents ordered my favorite dishes, but, after taking a few mouth, I felt like vomiting, food just couldn't go in to my shrunken stomach.

Of course, after quick dinner, actually I ate very little, 1/4 bowl of rice, 1 piece of meat, few pieces of toufu and small piece of fish, I drove home, took a hot shower, and went to sleep.

What a good experience, but, if you ask me, whether I'm going to join the camp in following years... ermm, sorry, I'm not keen la... I want to do charity, but I would prefer in another way and term. But, for those who has never experience this, I highly recommend you to try, at least you know, you are lucky, you are well fed, and you will treasure your life, treasure your food, appreciate what you do have now. And of course, not to mention, you will also get to know a lot of nice people, kind people there.

Last but not least, I would like to share the theme song with everyone of you. It's meaningful and the music is very touching. The song is in my playlist, below is the lyrics.

明天孩有希望
Tomorrow


小小的眼光
失去了光芒
即使小小的手掌
也有权飞翔

大大的梦想
失去了力量
哪儿有大大的肩膀
温暖他心房

明天孩子们会有希望
会长出耀眼的翅膀
朝着那温暖的风和光
轻轻地飞扬

The world we live in
Can do with giving
A child today
Is a child of our tomorrow

I’ve seen the children
Who have been broken
By wars and hunger and natural disaster
So broken

When tomorrow comes
We must have hope
We must reach out
To every single child
When Tomorrow comes
We spread our love
And make it a better day

生活会有悲和喜
We’ve gotta pray and do our best
只要伸出我们的手
To bring you a better tomorrow

明天孩子们会有希望
会长出耀眼的翅膀
When Tomorrow comes
We spread our love
And make it a better day/让你我都飞扬

明天孩子们会有希望
会长出耀眼的翅膀
When Tomorrow comes
We spread our love
And make it a better day

词:Francissca & Bibiana Peter(英文)吴以建 (中文)
Chinese Lyrics by Goh Yii Jian
English Lyrics by Francissca & Bibiana Peter
曲:罗忆诗
Music by Yise
编曲:郑可恩
Arrangement by Ian Tee
制作:郑可望 & 王诗豪@Mobimusic
Produced by Abraham Tee & Billy Ong@Mobimusic

My camp mates
(the guy in yellow was our group leader and the one right has joined this camp for 10 YEARS!! OMG, I salute him)

For further details, check out the following link
http://www.worldvision.com.my/

No comments: