I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Another Version of Lemon Peach Mousse Cake

Lemon Peach Mousse Cake was my 1st attempt in baking a mousse cake with frosting. Refer the following site for recipe: http://unprofessionalphotography.blogspot.com/2011/03/lemon-peach-mousse-cake_29.html

I was so happy that even that’s my 1st attempt, the cake turn out nice and tasty, so, my friend was asking me to bake one for her parents’ birthday… and she is willing to pay for the cake.

My 1st success might be merely due to luck, so, I was making another by using mango.

P1080047

The outcome was very successful, just that I took a long time in frosting and the whipped topping cream has melted a little. Aha… this is a very good excuse for me to buy a turning frosting table!

Then, I was thinking, the cake must be more presentable, I must do something to compensate my ugly frosting… so, while I was browsing the net for some ideas… tada… this is what I found.

P1080063

I’m going to copy this design…

P1080077

See? the outcome was still very rough…

So, as a conclusion, I’m not a creative and artistic person… but I’m happy enough to see everything in place.

I asked the buyer for feedbacks, but unfortunately she didn’t say much… so, I’m a bit stepped back now, I’m still wondering did her guests and most importantly, her parents like the cake?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out of the topic a little bit: I was baking scone on the same day… but I failed, failed badly… the scone was so hard, as hard as rock… Sad smile

P1080070

Ingredients and the making of scone are comparable easier, I thought, but it need a very good kneading skill which I have yet to discover. Must try making it again in near future.

No comments: