I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Las Carretas

I love food… everyone knows about it. That I was reading a newspaper and came across this:

World’s top 10 foods:

  1. pasta
  2. meat
  3. rice
  4. pizza
  5. chicken
  6. fish and seafood
  7. vegetables
  8. Chinese food
  9. Italian food
  10. Mexican food.

I’m so proud that Chinese food ranked no. 8 and basically I love all those listed food, maybe with a little bit adjustment in the ranking. But frankly speaking, Mexican food ranked no. 10 has a reason… the food is really lovely!

I was visiting a friend in Taipan, Subang after work, he recommended this restaurant – Las Carretas, for an early dinner. The restaurant is kind of down to earth from the appearance, however I feel it is kind of tropical inside. When we arrived, ground floor already more than half-filled with people happy hour-ing, so, we picked a table near the window on 1st floor. I love the interior and deco, especially at this hour when the sun was setting outside, warm and weak beam shinning through the blind, projecting interesting shadows on the wall.

P1080119P1080120P1080131P1080122

The difference of an alcoholic and non-alcoholic

P1080123P1080125

I’m the only one feeling hungry, so, we order few signature dishes for sharing. We ordered seafood nacho, black pepper spaghetti and the most representing – Taco (wheat Tortilla roll with fillings). That was my 1st time trying Taco, they served with hot plate chicken breast, cheese, salsa, sour cream, avocado, lettuce, tomato rice, of course Tortilla wraps too. Must try! I had my love at 1st bite!

P1080126

My Taco, love the juicy chicken, love the sauce, love the texture and everything!

P/S: The restaurant has a few branches in KL/ Selangor, please visit their website for details. http://www.lascarretas.com/index.html

No comments: