I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mom’s Scooter

My mom has a valid driving license, don’t ask me how she got it, Malaysia is always boleh! However, she is afraid to drive a car, she can only ride a scooter, don’t ask me why, logically, car is safer compare to a scooter or motorcycle, but apparently she think the other way around. (Although I’ve been driving for more than 10 years, she still doesn’t trust me driving her around too… Sad smile)

P1080269

My mom’s old (left) and new (right) scooters

Vehicle always need maintenance, these years, it was getting harder to find spare parts for her old scooter, the manufacturer had actually stopped producing spare part for this model for a long time, yet, my dad couldn’t find any replacement for her until he found this Mio 100, green scooter fully imported from Taiwan. (My mom is quite short, so, they can only ride a scooter)

This scooter has an build-in green system, and compare to other motorcycle, it’s a bit pricey, but when my mom first saw this, we knew she loves it (my mom usually quite thrifty), so, with no hesitation, my dad made the deposit and the motor shop sent her the car the next few days. My dad even bought her the same plate number for her scooter. (My dad bought me the plate number that I wanted too, but he paid more for this one).

P1080273P1080270

Although now that she has a new scooter, we all wanted to keep the old one too… for me, it’s part of my childhood recollection… My dad bought the old scooter for my mom to bring me to kindergarten. I used to stand in front of her at the footboard until I grew tall enough to block her sight, then I was allowed to sit at the backseat. Everyday, she sent me to school, then to the day market, then picked me after school, day by day until we shifted house. My dad thought that it’s too far and too dangerous for her to send me, so, I have to take school bus after that. But if I need to go somewhere near, my mom will still send me using this scooter until I was too big size for the scooter to support both of our weigh. Smile Since then it only serve as the vehicle which my mom take it to the day market nearby.

Although the scooter is small and not powerful, but it’s full of sweet memories and loves. I hope this scooter will give her a pleasant trip whenever she ride on it, she really deserve something better!

No comments: