I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

When Parents are not @ Home…

A… a… a… Don’t get me wrong… I didn’t do anything naughty when they were away for 6 days 5 nights to HK & Macau, I just want to share how did I settle my meals when my mom’s not around @ home.

Day 1, Friday: breakfast & lunch as usual, as I still need to work, I usually eat outside. For dinner, I took meal replacement liquid and study recipe the whole night, decide what I want to try and was planning to cook a dinner for friends, hence, for an in-experience cook like me, it’s a must to make a “shopping list”!

================================================================================================================

Day 2, Saturday: meal replacement liquid as breakfast, then rush to morning market and bakery ingredient shop to buy everything in the list. Okay, I did a pretty good job so far… Friend called when I was busy “shopping”, she has mistaken her tuition class schedule and asking me out for drink, lucky me! I’ve got my 1st guinea pig Sarcastic smile.

I cooked 椒盐排骨 (Salt & pepper spare rib) for lunch, can you imagine, we girls finished 800 grams of spare rib that afternoon!

P1070682

After lunch, we made Tiramisu cake… This was also in my plan, getting a free helper was a bonus to me Open-mouthed smile

P1070692

At night, I cooked baby kailan with ginger, wolfberry and pork slices with half bowl of rice for dinner… healthy huh?

P1070687

================================================================================================================

Day 3, Sunday: My friend was coming to get her reward of helping me in the making of Tiramisu, and she treated me dim sum breaky! I was super happy because my tiramisu turned out very pretty and nice.

P1070696

I have knitting project yet to finish, and I need to get it done by May. So, I was at home for the day… Initially I have a lunch cum movie date with my friend, but he couldn’t make himself back to KL that afternoon, so, the date has cancelled and I was having these for lunch – a mango, 2 pieces of tiramisu and a bottle of Yakult.

P1070695

At night, I had one of my favourite – Shin Korean instant noodle!!!

P1070693

================================================================================================================

Day 4, Monday: SHOW TIME!! (Working day, breakfast I had it outside and I was so busy that day, I skipped my lunch) 

I worked until 5pm+ and I knew I was late, I haven’t de-frost the chicken legs and the fish!!! And my guests (5 of them) will be arriving at 7.30pm… Guys, if you have a wife who is working and she is still willing to cook for the family, please appreciate her…

1st thing 1st, I marinated the chicken with lemon juice and some seasoning for an hour, cook potatoes until soft and cut into pieces, put everything in bowl and sent it in the oven and cook for 1 hour.

At the same time making chicken soup base (boiled the chicken bone in water). Put bbq duck heads, mustard, chicken feet, dried fish and some seasoning in the soup and left to cook on the stove. (I purposely choose this recipe because the weather was crazily hot and this soup can help us to cool down our body temp.)

Then I fried the tilapia fish, set aside, cooked the minced meat with DongChoi (preserved vegetable) and poured over the fish.

Last but not least, fried lotus root with macadamia nut, pepper and carrot.

Tada…

P1070698P1070702P1070705P1070707P1070709

I didn’t manage to prepare everything by the time my friends arrive at my house, some of them still need to help out here and there. They even helped me with the cleaning too! Big Red lips to them.

Comment from friends: look nice, smell nice, but taste wise, there are still a lot of rooms to improve… Sad smile (should remove the seed from the lemon to prevent bitter after taste in the gravy, shouldn’t put too much of black pepper as seasoning in the lotus root, should rinse or soak the preserve vegetable in water before cut and cook, the gravy for the fish was too salty…)

Then after dinner, we had mango, tiramisu and Baskin Robin’s ice-cream as dessert… wow… what a satisfying dinner plus lots of laughter and fun with friends at home! Will definitely do it again…

================================================================================================================

Day 5, Tuesday: had all of my 3 meals outside, had a very expensive dinner tho @ The Garden with friend.

Day 6, Wednesday: had all of my 3 meals outside too, initially I thought my parents will be back in the evening, so we could go out for dinner together, but they came back late, so, I had my another favourite dish that night – Cantonese fried noodle & meehoon! Yea…

See? I’m not a kid anymore… in fact, I think I know how to take care of myself… Although in the bottom of my heart, I still hope that I can be taken care by others… Winking smile

No comments: