I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Langkawi Cable Car

Although the trip was a short trip (arrived at night on the 1st day and departed to KL early on the 3rd day, so we only have 1.5 days in the island) and that wasn’t my 1st time to Langkawi (but that was my travel mate 1st time visit to Langkawi), you know me, I don’t usually do thing without a planning. Surfing surfing… I roughly know where I want to go. Among those attractions, cable car is in my must-go list. Why? I don’t know, I’ve visited most of the main tourist attractions in my previous visits except this.

Panorama Langkawi Cable Car

Langkawi cable car is located on the southwest coast of Langkawi island. There are 3 stations along the cable car line, i.e. Base, Middle and Top Station. The cable car ride will bring you all the way up to about 708 meters above sea level. This journey covers a total distance of 2.2 km linking the Base Station at the foothill of Machinchang mountain to Top Station at the mountain summit.

During the cable car ride, you can really enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding lush green rainforests, the Telaga Tujuh waterfall, the ocean and some of the pristine islands that make up the Langkawi Island cluster. As you approach the Middle Station, look out for the unique rock formations which dated back to about 450 million years old.

From the Top Station, which stands at 708m above sea level - holds two viewing platforms that allows for an amazing view that goes right up to southern Thailand. If you want to get a birds eye view of the whole island and enjoy the very best scenery that Langkawi island could offer then the cable car is the place that you must visit.

- Article copied from Langkawi Cable Car official webpage

P1070412P1070409

     Malaysian get 50% discount on the cable car ticket!                             The cable car from far… Scary scary…      

P1070410P1070413

        The gondolas                                                        Beautiful view from gondola - The 7 Wells Waterfall

P1070420

My travel mate & me in the gondola (we met so many foreign tourists there, I think we were the only 2 Malaysians in this attraction)

P1070427P1070425

    The observation deck @ the middle station                                    View from middle station (1) - The top station

P1070421P1070428

                   View from middle station (2) – Sky Bridge                                View from middle station (3) – Perdana Quay

P1070433P1070439

Gondolas reaching & leaving middle station                                    Hop on to the gondola again to top station

P1070442

Breath-taking view from the observation deck @ top station – Sky connecting to the sea, sea connection to the sky, and the sea water is so crystal clear until you can see the coral in it.

P1070452P1070453

2 observation decks @ top station

P1070460P1070485

I like this “roof” design @ the observation decks                     Jungle tracking from cable car top station to sky bridge

P1070482P1070486

The sky bridge… What a magnificent design & construction

Near the cable car base station, there are convenient shops, restaurant, souvenir shops & a deer farm! Some tourists (the foreigners) told us they went there twice, 1 in the day and 1 during sunset, it’s beautiful and romantic to see sunset from top station! What a lousy Malaysian (I mean me), I don’t even know this detail! If I know this earlier, I would go there during evening. Okay, probably this means that I will need to visit to the cable car again in the future, perhaps will be visiting with my love…

No comments: