I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Knit Dress for Michelle LyTze Buettel

Who is Michelle? She is my friend’s new-born daughter, I haven’t met her in person, but friends were saying that she is a blondie, because her father is a German, mother is a Chinese, so, I can imagine, she must be a very cute and pretty baby girl. As I have promised that this group of friend, who give birth to a baby girl, 1st baby girl, I will knit the baby a dress…

When I was driving to the yarn shop, I already know what colour I want, either pink or purple… then when I was there, this colour caught my attention, it’s pink in general but I think it has a little touch of purple. Then pattern, flipped a few books, but I still prefer this, I noticed this 1st and yeah, love at first sight! P1070581

P1070590P1070596P1070655

P1070712P1070745P1070751

 

 

P1070746

Just like the previous projects, or maybe because I stopped knitting for a while, I did a few time of “re-do”, at least now I think I have more patience compare to the previous “me”.

After knitting the body, I learnt crochet for the lace too… I find it very interesting, because with a few twist and turn, the lace came out nicely… salute to the one who invented the technique.

Final touch is sewing the purple flower and button on the dress… What do you think? Do you like it?

No comments: