I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kampung Titi (02.05.10)

Well... this is another outing with family, not a pre-plan thingy, it's... how can I describe this... em... it's another "cheer-me-up" trip, why? I'm a person who do not know how to "poker-up" myself, sometimes for others, this is kind of irritating, "who the hell are you? why do I need to entertain your black face?", but family, they have no choice, or I can say, it's because of love...

On a wonderful morning, as usual, we had breakfast at Kuchai Lama, this time, Nippy Noodle Restaurant, famous of their noodle which the dough is kneaded with bamboo...

The bbq pork was so yummy so, we order another dish, only the bbq pork
noodle... well, sorry, I can't tell the difference

My dad is super particular with his coffee, so, we usually will go to those cafe shop for our drinks... we went opposite to K3K and see this huge curry puff in the glass display... we decided to take this along with our drinks. After taking a bite, we realised we were being over greedy and sorry to our poor stomachs

During the breakfast... my dad and mom were discussing about Kg. Titi, I heard that name too, but I have no idea where is it. So, I checked through the web/ blogs...

I felt cheated by this map... it's seem near, but yet... it's quite difficult to reach
After uncountable twist and turn, up and down... sitting in the car with such a road condition plus full tank of food in stomach was not funny...

I read a couple of blogs, they were suggesting kuih and some hakka dishes
and since we were just over-loaded with food, kuih would be good for lunch
it's amazing to see variety of kuih there... some, used to be my childhood favourite
(btw, I grown up in a hakka village too - Pekan Ampang)

This whole shop is selling kuih at the main road

Kg. Titi main road...

tada... the black - chu yap (in hakka), the black is extracted from a type of leaf and the filling is pickle vege... the white - law pet ban (in hakka too), made of gluteneous rice flour and the filling is reddish stir fried with sun-dried shell shrimp... chu yap is quite interesting but I like my mom's home made law pet ban better



this is another kuih... if not mistaken, they named it 'husband biscuit' with coconut floss... not bad, worth trying



After eating something sweet + 100 plus, my headache had actually subsided, my parents actually wanted to buy pineapple, which a lot of ppl said Kg. Titi produce very good pineapple. But when we were asking around, the local ppl said it was not pineapple season yet... then we went to the eco garden, which I saw online... it is not open that day... what a bad timing...

To make our trip more worthwhile, we decided to try every special food recommended by bloggers... (another over-loading session)

'doggy duck'
marinated and cook the duck with spices... thumbs up
was wondering why doggy? is it because the spices that they use used to cook dog meat too?

dried oyster wrapped in fish paste...
this is different from what my mom style, my mom usually chop the dried oyster together with fish paste, then she will fry it before top with oyster sauce.

Kg. Titi is a very small village, there's nothing much we can do, so, we left the place using another path (we were terrified by the road of which we used earlier), to Seremban and using North South highway back to KL... but... this so called alternative make not much different lo :(


No comments: