I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sungai Klah Hot Spring, Perak

In a sunny Sunday, my dad suggested a family breakaway. Yeah, it has been a long time we never had a family day out. Initially he was suggesting Malacca, but I wanted to go to the hot spring they always mentioned. My parents been there couple of time with their friends without me, so, I was "nagging" them to bring me there... Then they agreed! oh yes, I'm a spoiled kid.


Departed from KL after breakfast, we reached there in an hour of drive. Actually that day was pretty hot... I'm the only weirdo in the family who is not afraid of "hot", my poor parents, they got to bear with the sun and accompany their unreasonable daughter to HOT SPRING in a HOT DAY!


Got to wear this band to enter the Hot Spring
Got to pay to get in, you know!


Our luggage, cute right?


The canteen...
from a Chinese-always-business minded point of view, the government should get some real restaurants in, in stead of let those local Malays selling only soft drink and nasi lemak or mee hoon goreng there, somemore in a crowded Sunday, food sold off before 1pm. Where's Starbucks? Where's McD? Where's KFC? No sushi? No Haagen Dazs? Hey, wake up, if the government really wanted to make this place a tourist spot, do something!!!


Dad & mom walking to the hot spring swimming pool...
I wanted to try something else... So, I didn't follow them... let them to have some private time together.


tiny fish in crystal clear river... of course, the water in this river is cold one


Water in the hot spring pool is too hot... the children cool themselves down with this pot of cold water


There are a lot of pool with different temperature
This pool is real hot, you can't soak yourself in. Even I tried to put my legs in, I can only bear with it for less than 15 minutes. But it is good for therapy, enhance blood circulation!


This is the eye. Hot water keep flowing out. With the boiling temperature... nobody can be able to touch the water... except... the eggs!


The guy is waiting for his eggs to get boiled... hehe


This is a family pool, the water temperature is only around 30-35 degree celcius


This is one of the swimming pool at the entrance...


This is another swimming pool after the canteen


Foot reflexology under the hot water


Hot water fountain


And I ended up enjoying myself in this room - I bought myself a half hour back massage (Ayurveda style, using spices powder to rub the back)
After the massage, my body was full of spices powder. She offered to help me to shower off... gosh, so embarasing. I think she get my signal, she only clean my back and left me in the room to clean myself.


A private hot spring jacuzzi next to the massage room
In my package, I was only entitled a back massage, but the message lady is kind enough to allow me to dip in the jacuzzi.
I am not daring enough to get myself naked in the pool (it's open air), luckily she allow me to wear my t-shirt in.

My shoulder stiffness and pain has relieved after the massage.
What a good way to pamper myself!


Walked around the garden, the trees are all well-labelled with family & species name.
Picture above is a ripen coco, below is an infected one, yuck!



Unknown fruit


Unknown flowerss..




yer... geli geli


I love this flower... as pure as lotus



胭脂红
My dad was very happy to see this... he said he used to pick a lot of this during his childhood
but how come it's not red in color?


The 胭脂红 tree


A lot of durian trees along the entrance... and now is the fruiting season...
My mom hoped there's one falling down and we get to pick a fresh one home...
but mom, isn't the durian only falls in the middle of the night?


Real lots of durian!

Direction: From KL north up along North-South Highway, turn in at Sungkai/ Trolak exit, turn left, follow either the Felda sign or Sungai Klah Air Panas sign then you should be able to find the place... exit on the left from the main road to the road leads to Sungai Klah is not very far from the tol.

I strongly recommend this place for family day trip, resorts also available, but it's quite pricey and I think room is limited, pre-booking to avoid disappointment. Click the link for more information
http://www.malaysiavacationguide.com/hotsprings.html

2 comments:

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

I went there few years back and there is only one big hot spring pool de wo.. the won with mushroom de? It was not this GENG as the pictures show lo! hmmm interesting!

Wei Sum said...

the pool with the mushroom is nearest to the entrance... you got to walk further inside to the spa and other pools area... nvm, if you want, we can always go there again... since it's so near to KL