I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Penang in May 2009

Penang is one of my favourite state in Malaysia... not to mention is because of the food, in specific, my good friends are there - LingTze, ILeen. Don't know if this is related, Penang also my dad's birth place. NO, I don't really think so, he grown up in KL, not Penang... his entire life has nothing to do with Penang, except that's his birth place.

My work brings me to Penang again in May. I stayed in Cititel... and I like staying there... the room is not too big, just nice to fit me in, most importantly - clean! This time, they gave me a room which has a perfect view of Komtar.



Crossing Penang bridge, on my way to Prai...


Curry fish head... famous in Butterworth...
The stall selling this is in one of the kopitiam in town
A bit fishy... and the curry tasted like those indian curry. Nice to go with rice.


Yam rice
wow... Hardly find this in KL d
Last time there was a bak kut teh restaurant near my house selling this, and my family always love to have dinner there on Sunday. Since the restaurant has moved, we hardly find any good one in the neighbourhood.
Never expected that I got the chance to eat this again this time. Nice!


Above is braised pork and below is pepper pork soup, eating with the yam rice...
Although all these seems like shouldn't eat in a hot sunny day, but... just love them regardless of the weather... my sensory cells to "hot weather" aren't working most of the time.


Because after Butterworth, I will need to be in Bukit Mertajam, so, I was heading there without checking any hotel availability. Coincidently, in such a small town, all of the hotels were being fully occupied, why? Election!! Not again! The nearest clean, comfy and affordable hotel that I could get my friend & operator to recommended to me is B-Suite.
I really don't mind to go back to Penang Island again and especially when I entered the room... It's absolutely worth it!


The view from my room in B-Suite Hotel

No comments: