I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Europe Trip - Flying to Glasgow

I'm lucky enough to travel with my 2 best best girl friends this year... In April - travel to Macau with Kitman, end of June - travel to Europe with Qiaoyi.

It took me a long time to make up my mind until I finally made my flight ticket payment to Glasgow. A lot of concerns behind, but, after all, not going to look back now.

Qiao Yi and her mom were going to Wailoong's (Qiaoyi's brother) convocation in Glasgow, then Ken (Qiaoyi's husband) and his parents tagged along, so, I'm the only "outsider" there.
(Thanks Qiaoyi and her families for me taking me as an outsider)

June and November are usually my busiest months in the company, still wanna to thanks my company for granted me the long leaves after the company national recognition rally. I can't really sleep well a week before I departed to Glasgow. Busy for the preparation and rehearsal, and I had not pack my luggage until the very last minute.

On 27th of June, the function ended at 7pm. I got home at 8pm, showered, dinner, final packing, rushed to Leisure Mall to purchased a brand new camera... (ya, I know I'm crazy, I shouldn't have had take this risk, luckily the camera that I bought - Panasonic TZ7 didn't disappoint me, the functions and pictures turned out nice). At about 10.15pm, my parents sent me to Qiaoyi's house to take a cab to the airport.
(I still couldn't believe I did all those things in 2 hours, but my luggage was real heavy and big, because I just threw everything in, to be safe, I pack a lot of extra clothes)

I was exhausted, but I got very excited when Qiaoyi told me a good news. (Can't reveal without her permission).

We met Ken & his family at KLIA at 12am (28th June). Checked in, walked around and boarded. We were going to Dubai for transit.

We took Emirates, the seat was not very comfortable, but luckily I was tired enough, and I was able to slept all the way to Dubai.
(Actually was planned to grap the chance to watch a few movies that I wanted to watch, but really beh tahan the tireness)

Flight took off at 2am & reached Dubai 8.30am (Malaysia time)/ 4.30am (Dubai time). Got to wait another 3 hours in the airport for the flight to Glasgow.

Dubai Terminal 3
Although Dubai Terminal 3 is much bigger and more beautiful than KLIA, I'm still very proud of KLIA

Qiaoyi & me @ Dubai Terminal 3
with our half wake-up look

Dubai money has almost the same rate as RM, me and Qiaoyi changed RM50 each.
Later, we found out, the cost of living in Dubai is double or even triple of KL.
A meal of McD cost about 25 Dubai dollar.



In the flight again... yeah... heading to Glasgow
A brand new world for me
(a kampung girl making a big leap to a western country)
Ahh~~~Got to sit in the flight for another 7 and a half hours agin!!

At 12.30pm (Glasgow time), finally... finally...
Excited? Can't feel the excitement yet, still very blur after long hour in flight.
Although there was still an expectation there.

Toilet time! What is this?
teeth wipe dispenser, told you d, I'm kampung girl, never saw this before.
But I didn't try... because my teeth were still clean. Why? The flight attendance woke us up from time to time to eat and drink... and I didn't have bad breath... hehe

Wailoong came to pick us up at the airport...

He guided us to take this transit back to hotel

A big light bulb (right) - ME!

The bus stop at Buchanan Bus Station and our hotel, Express by Holiday Inn is just a short distance away. Love both of the room and location of this hotel.
The room is very clean and spacious, beds are comfortable. Location wise, it's in the town, close to bus station, Buchanan Street (the shopping street) and a lot of restaurant nearby.

We checked in to the hotel, rest & freshened up abit, then Wailoong brought us to George Square, I think he is very excited to see all of us, he was eager to show us around in glasgow. We too, very excited... with a little bit tireness.
4pm in Glasgow = 11pm in KL
The first time I experienced jet-lag...

The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
The hall where Wailoong's convocation was held
Has no idea who's this with a cross on his forehead
By chance captured a seagull in flying in the picture too

A street performer with Scottish Kilt @ Buchanan Street
Cool!

Summer time, flower season
I love this pink, especially with the greyish cement backgroup

JAMES WATT
if you don't know who he is, go study your physic again

There's a lot of statues on tall pillar in George Square
James Watt is the only statue that I know

The flower arrangement in George Square...
Very bright and interesting combination of flower and colours

Glasgow City Chambers @ George Square

Youngsters chilling out @ George Square

We then headed to Rumours Kopitiam for an early dinner @ 6pm
(1am Malaysia time, real early right?)
Rumours is opened by a Malaysian, and they served Malaysian/ Singaporean food.
I think Rumours is a most often visited restaurant of Wailoong, that's why he brought us there for our first meal in Glasgow. However, we just came from Malaysia, errrr... we actually not yet missing Malaysian food...


We ordered Hainan Chicken Rice, Yin Yong, Nasi Lemak, Chinese Style Fried Rice...
The portion is huge! Probably also because of the jet-lag, I can only take 1/3 of my dish. The rest was wasted... so guilty.

Since the next morning we got to wake up early to catch our bus to London, we decided to call it a day.
I went to bed with slight disappointment, because I still haven't met the one that I thought I will be meeting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really love the pics! Awesome pic on the flower arrangement in George Square. Vibrant colours and with the clear bright sky. Only you could capture the essence of the moment. Excellent job as always dear ^^

Wei Sum said...

thanks... :)