I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Opera

My grandparents used to sing Opera for living... but I know nothing about this mysterious traditional art, erm... when I get older, maybe should learn a lesson or 2, should be fun.

However, the Opera that I'm posting now is not the Chinese drama, Opera... it's a restaurant, located @ Upper Penang Road...


I went to Penang for my company's centres stock audit in May. My dearest "hubby" - I Leen brought me candle light dinner @ this restaurant
p/s: althogh she just got married, but she will always be my dearest hubby, forever..., opps, sorry, I'm not a lesbian either

Once we step in, a friendly waiter came to greet us and lead us to a nice corner right away. At the corner, a modernize chandelier was right at the back of I Leen, the waiter then light up the candle held by a stone craving doll on our table, at that moment... I was drown, I felt lucky to dine with such a wonderful and pretty angel in my life!



Nice ambience


I'm sure he is also enjoying the ambience alone in the restaurant


I Leen ordered Aromatic Duck as starter to share


This is similar to Beijing Duck - crispy roasted duck skin slice and wrap in rice paper, eating together with spring onion and special sauce.
But this Aromatic Duck is tear the roasted duck meat and wrap in egg paper, similarly, eating with spring onion, carrot slices and special sauce.



Yummy

Then, main dish, I Leen ordered their spicy chicken with cashewnut and I ordered western dish - Fish & chips



I think the main dish was only a pass, nothing special, in fact, I like fish deep-fry in another way, not this.

Dessert... ya, we actually couldn't finished our main dish, because we wanted to save some space for the desserts.


Deep-fry banana roll with vanilla ice-cream
I Leen likes this


I forgot about the name for this, it's fresh manggo and the vanilla ice-cream was wrapped in thin crispy flour coat
Nice presentation!

It was a memorable and pleasant night to dine out with I Leen. After we finished the dishes, it's already very late at night, so, we decided to go back to the hotel. Then, she stood up and started walking out, I was in shock! Hey, we haven't pay yet!
Then she laughed, ya, we don't have to pay... then only I realized, before the desserts were served, I Leen went to the ladies and at the same time, she already settled the bill... No matter how I asked about the amount of bill, she refused to tell and refuse to accept my money.

Oh my angel... what can I say? Thank you my dear...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My pleasure always dear. ^^ Missing you, as always. *Muaks*

Wei Sum said...

really, can't thank you enough... miss you too.