I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

My 1st Knitting Project

Need to apology again... been MIA from this blog for quite a long time... if I was not fall sick and don't want to spread the virus across the office, also due to I can't stay away from pc for too long but actually has nothing to do here, I don't know when am I going to do some posting...

I'm sure if my blog were someone alive, he will slap me straight... sorry blog...

Back to my topic... Should blog this last year but I'm a bit hesitate to do so, because you know, my art always very lousy... and I'm afraid ppl might be finger pointing their screen and laugh: "like this also she dare to post!"... no I'm just too imaginative (should blame the flu medicine & stupid antibiotic) Aactually I think my blog readers are mainly my friends and they are always very dear to me...

Last year when my dearest I Leen (aka my loukong, but I swear we are not lesbian and she is getting married end of this year, with a MAN! I can't remember when we started calling each other loukong loupo, but we really can't find any other word which is dearer then these), she told me she was going to Taiwan for training and she was a bit nervous, I think mostly because she can't read Chinese. But believe me, she is the smartest girl I've ever seen who can learn Cantonese through TVB series... yes, I have difficulty learning language, 4 years in college with her, it's easy to notice her Cantonese were getting better and more fluent but my English was still very suck! I'm so sorry for her because she always give me a lot of opportunity to speak English but still I never progress... not to mention how she helped me to pass my exam... (she always kept a copy of her note to me when I ponteng... so, end up, I felt very guilty and attended most of the classes, except Tamadun Islam, I can't stand the lecturer)

opps... out of topic, nope, just that I seldom mention her in my blog, so, just some introduction here.

Year end in Taiwan was a cold... I wanted to buy her a jacket or something... but end up, I chose to knit her a scarf... at least being a loupo for her for so long, should do something now.

I went to Sungai Wang, there's a knitting shop (in fact, this is the only one I know in town) near Vincci and got to know this through another dearest friend of mine, Kitman (a real knitting expect), I picked a yarn real quick because I know what colour I want, either pink or light purple. End up, I bought this, it's pink with blue tints.


Initially I bought only 5 balls of yarn but felt a bit too short when almost finished the 5th ball. So, I went back to get one more, luckily they still have stock.

When I was knitting it, I was in my centre stock audit marathon, so, the knitting was my best partner when I finished my work and back to the hotel at night.


Ta da...
The purple flower crochet wasn't done by me, because the knitting aunty hinting me I was too slow and if she were to teach me how to knit it, would take her a day... :(


This is the most simple pattern for a scarf...


The gift has not completed until I get a beautiful box like this.
Although I know there's a typo error on the over, but I can compromise with the beautiful design and exactly the shape that I'm looking for.


The happy owner of the scarf aka my loukong aka my dearest friend - I LEEN!
I'm so glad she loves it although when she took out the scarf, the last knit spoilt (must be due to I didn't tied the knot strong enough, I felt so sorry).

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Sam,

congrats to you finally you've knitted sometihg. trust me, it's very addicting.

I did my 1st knitting back in 1998 and i'm stil continuosly doing it non stop, 1 after another project.

my 1st lesson was actually at this knitting store in Leisure Mall. Not sure if she's still there. this auntie is quite patient with me and she taught me both how to knit and crochet.

can try check the shop out. btw..nice color and you've nice gauge there. good for you :)

Wei Sum said...

hi Cherry, the knitting shop in Leisure Mall is still there... but before this, I didn't know. Knitting brings me a lot of feeling, and you know, Sam is not a patient person, so, sometimes when I did it wrong, I get very frustrated and sometimes when things goes smooth, yes, very addictive...
How are you? When are you coming to Malaysia again? Really miss you...

Unknown said...

i hope i can go KL again soon and definitely want to meet with you girls.

Try knit while watching tv, i always do that. I can go crazy if i jst sit and knit only. I always do it while watching tv. it has lots benefit. (1) don't have urge to snack coz hand are busy, (2) won't realize i'm knitting that much already, (3) if it's boring show, I won't feel that bored. HAHAHA

I've jst finished my Shawl and starting to knit a handbag :p

Wei Sum said...

I tell you, I'm a dumb knitter... I can't do 2 things at a time. When I knit, my eyes can only focus on the needles, I'm so not a lady who can multitask... hehehee
WOW, a HANDBAG? Never think of it as it might takes me years to finish. hahaha
You got blog too? How can I go in to see? Want to see your product and of course your pretty pictures too!

Unknown said...

Dearest Lou Po,

Are you kidding?!! This is the most perfect and touching gift I've ever received. Was in tears when i first opened the box as inside lies such a precious gift. Can't thank you enough my darling guardian angel as I know how much effort and love you put into it. Kamsa hamnmida. *^_^*

Your scarf was the sole item that give me much love, warmth and comfort when i was there all alone in freezing Taiwan. In a way, you could say that it keep me sane. Can't live a day without it. *Wink* Hence, it will always be my no. 1 item to bring around everytime I travel now, regardless whatever season it may be.

Wish I could have the talent to do such creative crafts too. *Sigh* I owe you... BIIG time! Thanks again for everything!!

Last but not least, SARANGHEYO lao po!!

Unknown said...

ahahaha....never say never...maybe one day you'll be a pro knitter? :p

ya..i've my blog too. here it is,
www.steveandcherry.com/blog
our own website is www.steveandcherry.com

just started my blog few days ago only, nothing fancy. jst a place for me to pour out whatever i feel like writing or sharing ^^

this is actually my 3rd attempt of making bag. my 1st was crochet, failed. 2nd was knitting, failed. now 3rd is knitting again.

i've make too many scarfs, sien already. so want try somethign else.
if finish this, i want try make a small doll/toy. so many free patterns you can get from the internet :)

Wei Sum said...

Dearest I Leen, I'm so glad that you love it... sob sob (touching one)

Cherry, yes, never say never... I'm also very tempting to knit a doll too... in KL, a lot of young girls are doing that... where can I get those free patterns? Any link?

Unknown said...

sam, there're so many free pattern out there. you can google and jst typed "knitting pattern for .... "

but my fav is www.lionbrand.com.
jst get yourself a free account with them then you can view the patterns. there are free patterns and some you've to pay for it.

i usually like to search so many patterns until i find the one i like coz not all suits our taste, and not all are easy mah :p