I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fried Chicken with Salted Egg Sauce

We never had pot luck for a long time among A33 gals. Usually I was the only one lazy to cook and buy a roasted duck to the party, but this time, I was the only one who really cook a dish.

Everyone seems busy after since we come out to work. After years, some got promoted or carried high position and this has made us become even busier.

This time I insisted to cook because lately I like cooking (not so crazy about photography now, or I should say I have changed this craziness to a way to record my life using photo dairy).

The dish that I presented is Fried Chicken with Salted Egg Sauce... Not very difficult to cook, but the taste is really nice...

Ingredients:
2 chicken whole legs, cut into pieces
1 cup of oil for deep-frying

Marinade:
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sesame oil
Dash of pepper
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp plain flour

Sauce:
2 salted egg yolks, steamed and mashed
1 tbsp curry leaf
1 tsp chopped chili padi
200ml evaporated milk

Seasoning:
1 tsp sugar
Dash of pepper

Method:
1. Mix chicken with marinade and marinate for 1 hour.
2. Heat up oil for deep-frying, deep-fry chicken until golden brown and cooked. Dish and drain.
3. Leave 1 tbsp oil in wok, stir-fry mashed salted egg yolks, curry leaves and chili padi until fragrant. Add in evaporated milk, seasoning and bring to boil.
4. Add in fried chicken and stir-fry until well mixed and the sauce has thickened.

p/s: Instead of chicken, you can use prawns to substitute.


Recipe from Ho Ho Jiak! Hawkers' Fair by Chef Alan Kok


Ta-da...



Finally I know why I like to cook.
Seeing people eating your food with satisfaction is priceless.


1 comment:

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

wah, no need to try i also know this dish is damn delicious liao! You can go buy chicken n ingredient this Saturday. hahah! I will see you in a week la!!!