I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Brownie

Sorry readers, cake again... hope you don't feel bored reading food/ recipe post in a photography blog.

Well, this time, I'm making brownie... compare the other type of cake, this is pretty expensive. I decided to make this for my friend's house warming party.

His house warming party was on Sunday, so, I made this on Saturday, because the book said, leave it overnight the taste will be better.

Right after I finished work on Saturday, I rushed back to buy ingredient. I mean, the brownie compare to other cake, the ingredients are relatively more expensive... Expensive is in the sense that, if the brownie didn't turn up to be what it was suppose to be, I'm wasting food...
End up, I'm a bit frustrated, because the cake turned up to be a bit disappointed. The middle part a bit watery whereas the outer layer already very hard. ~sign~ last time I was thinking maybe the oven that I have wasn't so good, so, spend thousands bought a better oven, but still getting the same result. Actually not that bad, just I'm expecting something better.

Ingredient A:
225g butter
200g chocolate chips

Ingredient B:
250g egg
200g caster sugar

Ingredient C:
150g plain flour, sifted with 5g baking powder
200g walnut, chopped and toasted

Ingredient for chocolate ganache cream:
185g dairy whipping cream
30g fresh milk
460g cooking chocolate, chopped

Method:
1. Chocolate ganache cream: Bring the whipping cream to boil then remove from heat. Add in cooking chocolate and fresh milk and stir until smooth. Allow it to cool.
2. Brownie: Cook butter until it melted, add in chocolate chips and mix well. (Do not melt chocolate chips completely, they should still in small chips form).
3. Beat Ingredient B until creamy. Add in butter chocolate mixture, plain flour, baking powder and half of the chopped walnut, mix gently by using hand.
4. Pour mixture into a 7" square baking mold, bake into a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius, for 40 minutes or until cooked.
5. Remove cake and leave to cool. Spread the whole cake with chocolate ganache cream and sprinkle some chopped walnut and chocolate chips on top. Serve after the cream is set.

Note: The cake will be taste good if served at the next day.
Recipe from Yum Yum


After deco, the brownie looked nice


The chopped and toasted walnut and chocolate chips on top of the brownie


The texture is a bit hard, maybe due to over cook or what
Taste wise, my friend said still can be improve wo...

Seems like I overworked myself, will stop baking from now... at least let myself get enough rest during the weekend...
or at least wait until somebody really appreciate my work...


2 comments:

Pr3tty* Knitty~ said...

We can bake something together soon. Let me bake a cheesecake for you and I will choose something that you have to bake for me! haha!

Wei Sum said...

Hey pretty, I don't eat cheese la, bake something else for me... I will bake chocolate cupcake with cream cheese for you... hehe