I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Restauran Light House Seafood, Taiping

This wasn’t a food trip, it was a trip to attend my god-sister’s wedding in Penang island during Christmas. We were god-sisters since we both participated a community service during our college time and we were both assigned to the same foster family.

046048

The bride is my god-sister, the lady in purple next to my god-sister and me is my foster mother, and the guy in blue batik next to the groom is my foster father, the young lady in black dress front row is their daughter aka my foster sister.

The community service was a compulsory activity in the college if you didn’t choose any of the sport curriculum to earn the credit point. Obviously I was joining this instead of sport, I’m not a sport person since young. Looking back, it was fun and meaningful, we visited a rural village in group of about 40, with the mission to close the educational gap between the city and rural village, and I got to know this group of “member” who are very kind-hearted and fun too.

Most of us were actually going to Penang from KL, we car-pooled and when we were traveling back to KL, we stopped by Taiping to visit another member who is staying in Taiping. She brought us to this restaurant which was hiding nowhere, but apparently very famous in the country! Their specialty is seafood porridge, look at the pot that we ordered!!! So huge!!! So YUMMY!!! I must remember how to get there… will sure come again for this.

065066

We ordered a dish of clam and fried fish too… OMG, the clam was so good, believe me, I can’t stop once started! As for the fish… I do not know how to appreciate this dish, the other members like it, they ate the bone too.

067069063072

The signboard of the restaurant and us, my beloved 2000 community service group 7 members!

No comments: