I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Last Day in Hangzhou

Finally, came to the last day in China… as usual, Libran always has the same dilemma, eager to get home (can’t sleep at all at night due to cough, mind and body got exhausted already) but on the other hand, there are a lot more for me to explore in town, especially West Lake, it is a true beauty, I didn’t even have good time experiencing this man-made lake, crossing all the bridges while understanding the stories behind each of them, seeing the 10 must-see sceneries around the lake, surrounding the lake to walk at least a round (although this is quite impossible)…

Since I was not able to get quality sleep, I decided to get up early (West Lake was just behind the hostel), spend a serene morning with the local people and the lake. I thought I was early, but the local were earlier, at 6am, most of the parks facing the lake were crowded with people playing Tai Qi, dancing, running, brisk walking on the track. Some young working ladies or men were having their breakfast on the benches by the lake… security guards or police officers were also there to protect or maintain order I guess.

I was walking walking walking until I finally found an empty bench, although there were a lot of people but non of them making a lot of noises, now I understand why my Hangzhou friend, HuiJia’s husband used to wake up early just to come here to study during his school time… the environment is really quiet and nice, fresh cool breeze, bird chirp, green… you really need to be there to feel the lake with your heart…

P1090833P1090841P1090845P1090849P1090852P1090866P1090855P1090861P1090870P1090876

After recharged with all the positive energy, I walked the hostel to shower, meet my friend, pack, check out and take our breakfast in the cafe attached to the hostel (because we have discount voucher to dine in). The breakfast was very very nice, look at the beautiful latte & our 5-star breakfast… the cafe looked simple outside, but has a beautiful and modern interior, will show the pictures in my next post.

P1090899P1090901

Before heading to the airport, my Hangzhou friends brought us to walk a little in their newest mall, finally got a chance to spend some money and we had lunch My last lunch - 状元过桥米线, method to eat: 1. throw all ingredients (variety of vege, prawn, fish fillet & dried stuffs) to hot soup, after 2 minutes then throw in the mee. 2. soaked ingredients till cooked and served! Besides than the colourful combination, the soup was really nice too! At least this is not so “aggressive” to my stomach compare all the spicy dishes in every single meals that we had during the trip… mind you, the Chinese can be very “hot”!!! lol  

P1090915P1090921

Lastly, HOME SWEET HOME WITH A PAIR OF PANDA EYES AND A COUPLE OF SIZE UP! CHINA… I’LL BE BACK!

No comments: