I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

100 Years Old Restaurant

I always laugh at old people who like to think back of their lives. A bit meaningless because those were the pass, I used to think we should live our lives now, but I think I can understand why they are doing so as I’m moving closer to that category. We laugh out loud when we were talking about how silly we were during school time, we sighed when we notice the generation gap is getting wider when we were talking with youngster. Lately there’s a very hit movie – You are the apple of my eye, I think the success story of the movie is it can bring back sweet (bitter and sour too) memory and remind us all the silly things that we did before (although I’m a bit disappointed when I came out from cinema, because I feel nothing, I have no resonance at all), so, the movie is worth watching if you are late 20s and above.  

Back to the topic – as I’m approaching age of “always remembering of old times”, lately for unknown reason (not totally unknown, part of the reason is due to I see some people/ the government have no sense of reservation, they are trying to bring down historical building along Jln Sultan, and Pudu Jail was demolished early of the year), I need to show my tiny little supports to some old restaurants in town. So far I only been to these 2 – Yut Kee Restaurant, established since 1928 and Coliseum Cafe, established since 1921.

Yuk Kee Restaurant

P1100065P1100071

Old fan, old radio, old style French toast with homemade Kaya jam

P1100067P1100077

Swiss roll is Yuk Kee all time best seller

P1100070P1100074

Full house even on a weekday tea time, there are variety races of diner in the restaurant.

P/S: this restaurant also famous for their Hainanese chicken chop and Hainanese coffee too.

===============================================

Coliseum Cafe

Used to be one of the finest dining in town years back…

P1100082P1100083P1100084P1100090

Such a classic interior, but I think they should do some touch up to make the restaurant brighter and more presentable.

P1100088P1100092

This cafe is famous for their stick and chop. The side dish has blended spinach which I never try before. Frankly speaking, this chop was too salty and I don’t quite like the way of preparation (the chicken was too dry and hard) and presentation.

Coliseum Cafe & Hotel, 98-100 Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Tel:03-26926270

Sad thing is, sometimes good thing doesn’t last, it’s either the young generation has no interest in running the business or the old generation cannot accept new idea, they do not allow the young generation to innovate the business operations, and gradually the business was eliminating by time…

 

No comments: