I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

HangZhou International Youth Hostel

Since last year, year 2010, I travelled to Melbourne alone and stayed in a youth hostel, every time when I Google and do some research about accommodation to places that I’ll be going, I will first search “xxx youth hostel”. So, this time is HangZhou. Because I’m travelling with a friend, at the very beginning, I was browsing some hotel, but find that they are not very cheap. Then I came across this International Youth Hostel, the location is very strategic, reading comments and mostly positive, looking at the pictures and they all projected clean and safe environment.

When we reached Hangzhou, the cab driver didn’t know where was it, luckily I have the address and he managed to send us there. When I was doing the check-in, I noticed a lot of the worker there are very very young… (is it because this is youth hostel so they only hire young ppl?) The reception is very helpful, that evening was raining and one of them even helped us to carry our luggage. I know if you are too used to live in a hotel, bell boy service is all time available, but mind you, this is a youth hostel, you need to be responsible to your stuff because you are still “youth” aka young.

P1090879P1090829P1090880P1090881

This Hangzhou International Youth Hostel has 2 wings, the reception and rooms, they are connected by a small alley. I like about the security, you need to have an access card to enter to each wing, modern (security) + tradition (interior & exterior design).

P1090882P1090677

Our room is @ the 1st floor of “room” wing, no lift or escalator, narrow staircase a bit scary when you are taking your luggage up and down. Before all the rooms, there is this public place for you to hang & dry clothes and basins. Further in, there are laundry room, bath rooms, toilet and hot drinking water supply room, all for sharing.

Our room was the 1st room after all the public area, short ceiling, kind of small, a little bit crack on the wall, but for me I prefer this kind of setting, I don’t like big room. There is a small window on the ceiling, cover with a curtain, I think it’s for you too watch stars at night. 

P1090883P1090825

Left pic: You can also sit by the window, watching the koi in the pond. Right pic: it’s kitchen

P1090824P1090827

Left pic: Living room for sharing too. Right pic: a balcony @ 2nd floor

=========================================

There's a cafe next to the hostel, I think they are running independently, but symbiotically. It’s kind of nice and when you were sitting in the cafe, you get confuse “am I in China, not France?” 

P1090912P1090885

P1090888P1090889

P1090910P1090911

Highly recommended if you were to go Hangzhou… West Lake is just walking distance away, you can wake up every morning and do a bit of running or tai chi there…

For hostel info, please visit this site: http://www.yhachina.com/ls.php?hostID=2&id=33

No comments: