I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Where's Chopin?

I got to know this Chopin concert thingy through a radio advertisement, and I knew I'll be attending already, but with who? Coincidently, a friend of mine came back to KL for holiday, and yes, he is going with me, by force, because I don't really care if he likes it or not, and I didn't even tell him much details about it, and yep, he has forgotten about it when the date was near. Too bad, he has an unreasonable, inconsiderate friend like me, there ain't any way for him to excuse himself even if he has totally forgotten about it. (The evil side of me).

This event was held by KLPac (KL Performing Art Centre), from 7th - 10th July, 2o10. Initially I was thinking they are having the same program over these 4 days, my friend is flying back to Glasgow on 10th, so, 10th is out, usually he will be having gathering dinner with family a day before he flies off, so 9th is out too, then later on I thought on the 8th I might need to work late, so, final decision, I bought the ticket for the 7th.

The souvenir program


I only got the program when I was there that night, I went through the program up and down, right to left, but find "Chopin" no way except the front page title "HSBC Classic Chopin Dan Lain-Lain". So, we are in the "lain-lain" category.

I. Sardana

II. Intermezzo e danze finale - Gaspar Cassado

Latin American Dances - Fose Elizondo

Gagliarda del Principe di Venosa - Carlo Gesualdo

Gavotte - Edvard Grieg

Scherzo-Allegro - Dmitri Shostakovish, arr. Robert Sang-Ung Choi

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica, arr. Apocalyptica

Hall of the Mountain King - Edvard Crieg, arr. Apocalyptica

Fade to Black - Metallica, arr. Apocalyptica

Vocalise - Sergei Rachmaninoff, arr. Robert Sang-Ung Choi

Andaluza - Enrique Granodos, arr. Robert Sang-Ung Choi

Black Orpheus - Luiz Bonfa, arr. Robert Sang-Ung Choi

Bachianas Brasilieras No. 5 I. Aria (Cantilena) - Heitor Villa-Lobos

Libertango - Astor Piazzolla, arr. Robert Sang-Ung Choi

However, look at those piece, aren't they (all) very nice pieces? And when all the cellists play, rightaway, you can feel their passion toward those pieces and the instrument they are playing with, although some tiny miskates were made, who care? It was fun!

The team was led by Robert Choi (the guy with long hair in the middle of the following image), gosh, this guy is so so so charming when he is holding his cello and drawing his bow on the strings with confidence. I'm not a good describer, in fact, music/ art need individual to feel/ touch/ listen/ see/ smell/ taste it personally, isn't it?

[image "steal" from http://fuegokoori.blogspot.com/]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.