I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Elcerdo (29.08.09)

See the title? I visited Elcerdo in Aug 2009... yes, it was 6 months back.

When I was still in Wyeth, my colleague already recommend this restaurant to me, and I always "hate" her for sharing how good is this, how good is that to me because I had not has chance to try until I planned to buy my close friend a birthday dinner treat.

My friend didn't know where will I be bringing him to eat until I hopped in to his car to the restaurant. He silence for a while, then I know:" you dined in this restaurant before?", "yes, but I will still like the food there...", he replied.

Too bad... no more surprise to him, I think I am getting more and more out-dated :(

Before I go, I already pre-ordered 2 dishes, the famous suckling pig (half) and the rib. The one who helping me to take order was trying to confirm if that's for 2 or 4... hehe, I think at that moment, she was actually trying to hint me I had "over-ordered". But I really really want to try both of the dishes... I can't give up either one of them, then in my mind, takkan we can finish them.

When I was physically there, then I know why she was trying to hint we can't finish them. Because, besides than the 2 dishes that I order, the suckling pig come with soup and salad, and the portion is really big, altough we only take half.


The soup... yumm

The corner where our table located

Drink - we ordered sangria

Iberico Spare Ribs
(I tell you... this is a must try, very very very delicious, at least more than I can describe)


Tu... the suckling pig
Look crispy...

Ya, they have this tradition, the birthday person need to knock the chop board twice with the plate then immediately, yes, immediately need to chop off the head using that plate...
Now you know how crispy is the pig right?

Finally, the birthday person need to break the plate in a pre-readied wooden tong.
Then the waitress helped us to bring the pig into the kitchen again to do the remaining chopping.

The rib was too delicious, we finished the whole portion and our stomaches were already 3/4 full... for sure, as expected by the waitress, we can't finish the pig, so... da bao la... I swear, if you were me, you won't want to waste such a delicious dish.
(you know, the 2nd day my mom use the remaining meat to cook porridge... aiyo... opps, I just swallow my saliva... hehe)

Elcerdo Special
A delectable digestive consists of spirit, wine and juices
(this is copied from Elcerdo website)
After a meal-ful of meat... erm... how to describe the feeling after drinking this?? ya, refreshing!!!!

No comments: