I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Pulau Ketam (30.08.09)

I can't remember when was the last time I been to Pulau Ketam, but that's with my parents. This time, I went with 2 pairs of couples... initially I was a little hesitate, because I'm the odd one out, but I really really miss that place... so, I treat the trip as my photo shooting trip!

Siow Hui's husband, Kelvin suggesting 2 options, drive or take public transport (KTM) there. Without 2nd thought, I opt for KTM... it's way more interesting to take the train... because... I can day dream in the train, I can enjoy the "loneliness" in the train, I can enjoy seeing passengers in the train...... since I came back from Europe, I think I started to love taking public transport.

Bak Kut Teh as breakfast... famous in Kepong

Braised pork knuckle... so yummy


A young man wearing mask @ Kepong KTM station


Stealing an idea from a pre-wedding photographer... nice or not?

When we reached KL KTM Station (interchange station), the sky started to rain... and our train has delayed. Kelvin initially planned to reach there by 10am (if not mistaken) to catch the old boat to Pulau Ketam... but due to the delay, I were thinking most probably we will miss that boat...

My KTM ticket to Port Klang (jetty to Pulau Ketam)

The old jetty, it's under renovation, so, we were led to another temporary jetty which was 5 minutes walk away from this.

While waiting for the boat

Kid selling tissue at the jetty waiting area

New boat to Pulau Ketam, but we were not taking this... see the 5th photos below


The boat need about 45 minutes from Port Klang jetty to Pulau Ketam... but no worry, I'm best in entertaining myself.



This is the old boat that we took. We were lucky enough to catch the boat. That day was public holiday, so the boats extended their business hour... ehhee

Pulau Ketam

Pulau Ketam (Isle of Crab) of course got Ketam la

ok, after about 1 hour of wait at train station, 1 hour of ride on the train and 1 hour of ride on the boat... it's time for lunch...

this restaurant got so many ppl, the food must be very nice... so, don't waste time see see look look la... this must be the best choice.


Meat crab... see, so muscular...

The main street at Pulau Ketam


O jian (oyster pancake)

Gu lou yok (sweet & sour pork) and beehoon...


yumm.... here come the main dish - sweet & sour crab

Photography session after lunch...

Fisherman boat




Recycle area

Lady cleaning the clam




Fishing net


Our transportation around the island... Bicycle, renting fees was only RM5 per bicycle


ABC - best beverage in sunny day

wah... BANK wo

best souvenir to bring home - dried mini prawn





Back to KL KTM Station

We were exhauted after few hours of riding and photo taking in the island, in short, we were all satisfied with the time spent in the island, so, we catched the 4pm boat back to jetty and take KTM back to Kepong to get our car.

Thanks both of the couples for inviting me as their light bulb, haha, I enjoyed the day very much... do you think my photography skill got brush up a bit?


No comments: