I love capturing photos of plants, food and non-living things because I always believe, although they are not human, but they do have their own expression and emotion yet to be read and appreciated.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Southern Stock Audit Business Trip

After Singapore trip, I'm "officially" entering outstation business trips marathon until year end... I'm talking about MARATHON, means non-stop traveling, packing & unpacking and I need to travel to almost every states in peninsula Malaysia, opps, left out a point, alone. But the best part is, you get to eat different stuff. So, the following entries of my business trips, I'll mainly focus on food.

1st station - Southern Malaysia
(Johor Bahru, Skudai, Tampoi, Senai, Kota Tinggi, Batu Pahat, Kluang, Muar, Bahau)

I was quite excited when I know that my high school good friend, Chloe was also going to JB for work. So, we met and I stayed with her in Hyatt Hotel, JB on the 2nd day of my trip. After work, we went dinner together.

I worked until quite late that day, most of the shop were already closed, and of course we are not very familiar with JB roads, all that I know are ways to get to my centres. So, I drove to Taman Pelangi and saw this Japaneses restaurant... there is a row of shop lot with a few Japanese restaurants. We picked the one with most dinners - that symbolises good food quality hahaha... and because we have heard of too many criminal cases in JB, just to be safe la, if you know what I mean.


gyoza


Udon for Chloe


Toufu for sharing
I was so blur, I didn't notice there's fire heating the toufu until I put down my camera.
(then you know la, this picture was taken later on)


My soba

I'm sorry because I have forgotten the name of this restaurant. The food they served is very authentic. We even saw a lot of Japaneses dinning there. Yum yum

Then came to my 4th day in Johor, my distributor, Jasmin was bringing me to try the best bak kut teh in Johor, according to her.
As instructed, I met her at a petrol station, then she asked me to follow her car... I thought the restaurant was somewhere nearby, but, we drove for more than 20 minutes to reach there. Let's imagine, we are traveling on the road which has no traffic light and although it's not a highway but it's "old road" connecting other state and it took us more than 20 minutes, you can tell, it is really far from town.
In the middle of nowhere, there is where this restaurant located.



The restaurant...
Kitchen, tables and chairs under the atap


Inside, the open-concept kitchen... everything is clean and staffs are wearing uniform and hat.


It's not a weekend nor lunch hour, but still, the restaurant is full of people


We are real greedy, we ordered a bowl of bak kut teh, a bowl of spicy soup and stewed pork leg, side dish we have yao zha guai


The stewed pork leg
(don't think about how much fat it has, our company is selling slimming product, we always have backup)


The famous bak kut teh


Spicy soup with pig stomach
You know what? We finished up everything... yes, we 2 girls finished up everything hehee
Now I know why people travel so far to the bak kut teh... it's really worth for the journey

Beside than food, comfortable hotel is essential... the best room that I had for this trip was Sofitel Hotel, the only presentable hotel in Senai. By looking at the photo, I already feeling sleepy... zzzzzzz

Reminder: if you want to stay in this hotel for cheaper rate, please pre-book online (15 days advance), or you will end up like me, paying extra which made me feel a bit cheated.
Pre-booking rate: RM248
Walk in rate: RM328

more entries coming up... stay tune

1 comment:

M.Nassif said...

interesting as usual :)
------------------------
Islam !
http://rapidshare.com/files/120401283/The_Holly_Quran_English.rar